75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Feb 11, 2008, 18:29
Re: Stupid old fart
Feb 11, 2008, 17:27
I understand that when people's views are challenged, they feel threatened. When they cant back up their views, they'd rather go on the attack than change their point of view.

You know it's like a male thing?

I see it when I'm driving all the time. When a mistake has been made, my female pupils generally blame themselves, even when it isn't their fault.

Males, on the other hand, can't do that. It has to be someone else. Because otherwise their fragile egos might be punctured.

Pricks. All of us. Me included. Jim included. He certainly can't see past your jibes. So battle was joined. Now he's withdrawn. I don't blame him. There's no pleasure to be had having a shouting match.

So please, this board is not about name-calling. It's about activists and alternative thinkers.

Such people will do everything in their vocabulary to help you see what they can see. Generally for no thanks at all.

So the viewpoints expressed here must seem very alien to you. It's sad to see you responding so personally. It's sad that rather than find arguments to support your beliefs or to refute Jim's you get all defensive and act like he's been attacking you.

I suggest that if you don't wish to be angered by the likes of Jim (there are lots of people like him here, you see, and you're going to spend a lot of your time being angry unless things change) you may be better off filling your time somewhere else.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index