U-Know! Forum »
Stupid old fart

75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Stupid old fart
Feb 09, 2008, 14:55
** Colonel Edward Armitstead, a Synod member from the diocese of Bath and Wells, said: "I don't think he is the man for the job. One wants to be charitable, but I sense that he would be far happier in a university where he can kick around these sorts of ideas."**

Damn good idea, god forbid that anyone with anything intelligent to say should be released into the realms of the general public to try and inject some sort of sense into the tabloid media

The reporting on this has been absolutely abominable, the Bishop made some sensible and informed comments and has been pilloried from post to post by the Sun et al as some sort of ''fuzzy wuzzy loving surrender monkey selling white women into slavery to the heathen, and destroying 1000's of years of upstanding english laws''

The only stuid old farts are as per usual the british press. I was unlucky enough to have had access to Fridays Mail, Mirror and Sun and have never read so much unmitigated bullshit in my life, not a single piece of sensible reporting in any of them
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index