The Great Global Warming Swindle

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle
Mar 11, 2007, 22:12
It's actually on YouTube now, Daminxa.
Unfortunately, some of the contributors are from M.I.T and NASA, so say no more there.
There's this notion proposed that 'environmentalists' are some all powerful lobby that have the capacity to silence scientific opinion, as the green market is as big as coca cola or something (paraphrasing there).
In essence, the show initially juxtaposes its argument against images of the likes of Gerry Haliwell and student demos, and we know our young folk can be a bit 'daft' at times dressed up like giant mangoes etc so cheap victory shot there.
As far as the science goes, they do inform us rather compellingly of how our climate has changed naturally without the aid of cars etc, and at one point temperatures went down despite an increase in post wWWII industrial activity.
Now, it could be that as they're basing their knowledge of what's happened over millenia that they haven't gave man made CO2 a 'chance' yet. I think it's just a bit irresponsible to be so assertive as to what's happening regards man made c02 in the past 100 years when they have to gather the evidence otherwise over 'ages'.
TBH, I don't know wy they go all out to deny it anyway, I'd really like to know that one.

Sorry, poted it twice, incase it gets lost in the mire. I did see it, bits of it do need dissecting.
x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index