U-Know! Forum »
The Great Global Warming Swindle

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
DarkMagus
170 posts

Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle
Mar 11, 2007, 21:53
I'm in agreement about minimising use of fossil fuels to eek out a finite resource and minimise pollution. I am generally pro environmentalism, provided it is rational. People tend to jump to conclusions about anyone who expresses doubt. A big question is if the CO2 should be included in a definition of pollution. Maybe our CO2 is having an effect on temperature, maybe it's insignificant amongst all the other factors. I'm pretty sure we'll all be dead before its known for sure (if ever). A possible scenario is CO2 emissions increasing (pretty likely as third world countries industrialise) and temperature falling during that period. That would intersting.

It grates on me when everything is justified by (IMHO unproven) climate change theories even though I often agree with proposed action. The thing that really bugs me is carbon capture e.g. the proposed injection of CO2 from power stations into old oilfields. If the CO2 theory is wrong, energy will have been wasted in futile carbon capture. A bit of a dilemma that.

Weather forecasters get lambasted for getting it wrong. How jealous they must be of climatologists who predict events 50-100 years in the future! Most of them will be dead and buried before they are vindicated or vilified.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index