The Great Global Warming Swindle

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle
Mar 11, 2007, 21:24
I'm not saying all the science in it was bollocks (well I can't really as I didn't see it!) And after all who am I, a lowly science tutor, to criticise intellectual heavyweights such as Patrick Moore, a man so erudite he wrote a book of bollocks under a pseudonym just so that he could publically disprove it to make himself look important? I digress...

Yes climate change has happened throughout geological history, yes there is only so much control we have over mother nature and sea level changes, fierce weather, ice ages, volcanoes, earthquakes and mountain building are, by and large, beyond our control, but does this REALLY mean we can afford, KNOWING that for whatever reason there IS an excess of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, to carry on completely as we are? Surely we should still be taking every possible measure to reduce excess carbon dioxide being released, and burning fossil fuels, deforestation so that cattle can be grazed to provide meat for MacDonalds, plastics manufacture and industrial pollution can't help, can they?

What I've been trying to say is that it's a bigger issue than global warming; it's about general responsibility for the state of the environment and all the things that allegedly do contribute to global warming, excess CO2 in the atmosphere or whatever you want to call it ARE detrimental to the environment in other ways. Even if it were proven that driving cars and having fossil fuel powered electricity generators had nothing to do with global warming, I'd still be clamouring for investment in renewable energy and for a change in our attitudes and behaviours.

Oh and by the way, if you are trolling, fair fucks to you - we all gotta have a hobby!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index