90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle
Mar 09, 2007, 10:44
Didn't see it.

My opinion, however, FWIW, is that even if CO2 emissions AREN'T contributing to Global Warming it doesn't mean we should just go on gaily burning fossil fuels, building more cars and more roads and making more plastics because ASIDE from the issue of Global Warming, fossil fuels are running out.

Fossil fuels put other pollutants into the air apart from CO2. Fossil fuels cause people like Bush and Blair to go round invading middle eastern countries under the pretence of ridding them of weapons of mass destruction. Fossil fuels cause people in the pharmaceutical industry to become revoltingly rich and to form unholy alliances with corrupt politicians. Fossil fuels make us lazy; we're so dependent on our cars now it's not true, and because more people drive cars for more journies than are necessary, more people are getting asthma from the other pollutants in petrol and mineral diesel. Burning fossil fuels to generate electricity puts sulphur into the atmosphere which causes acid rain which causes all manner of problems.

So as far as I'm concerned, Global Warming is just ONE issue and even if it does turn out to be a load of old bollocks, I for one won't be thinking 'Oh well that's ok then let's all just carry on EXACTLY as we are'. We have no choice but to change our behaviour, and no amount of 'scientists' disproving Global Warming is going to change my opinion on that one.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index