This topic is locked

Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

To summarise
Aug 24, 2005, 14:14
Its quite simple, throwaway all the ideological shit you've picked up, achieve union with God, and then shut the fuck up. If you want to use math/physics or evolutionary biology to support your arguments then LEARN something about the subjects. Otherwise the other grown ups who do actually know something about the subjects are going to rip the piss out of you. Noone respects a hack.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Re: To summarise
Aug 24, 2005, 14:36
A complaint about being lectured from Mike Croley.

Shares in the Black Pot & Kettle company soared today.
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Aug 24, 2005, 14:42
It's not my job to do that, I'm just a passerby. Categorise your experience as you want to. Just don't accept that your 100% right about it until you have achieved enlightenment. If you have achieved spiritual enlightenment than you'll know that it is completely impossible to express it or describe what you have post enlightenment so just stop trying.

If all you've got is an intellectual enlightenment, something that fits and satiates your ego then fine, rejoice in the omnipotence of self and avoid anything that challenges it. Pretty much all forms of theophilosophy are just tools to satisfy the ego while pretending it's subsuming it. They result in elitism, bigotry and a generally shite personal behaviour pattern.

It doesnt actually make any difference one way or the other, achieve or dont *shrug* none of it amouts to much at the end of it all. We can all do it, therefore no system/semiotic can be the truth. Everything is a point scoring distraction at the end of the day. Carry on.
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Re: In praise of the obvious
Aug 24, 2005, 14:43
Nope. Theres no point, I've explained why.
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Aug 24, 2005, 14:46
Vybik + Coffee = Ruined keyboard

Thanx mucker!!
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Aug 24, 2005, 15:33
Where did you get your degree in microbiology Mike ?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 24, 2005, 15:36
Before you go on Mike, I have to say i sympathised with this -

"If you want to use math/physics or evolutionary biology to support your arguments then LEARN something about the subjects. Otherwise the other grown ups who do actually know something about the subjects are going to rip the piss out of you."

For instance, you've often said, here and on TMA that our DNA has changed in some radical way, and you've just said that teenager's DNA is different from earlier generations.
Can you give me the reference for this, preferably on Google Scholar?
Thing is, I think you're mistaken about that.
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

afore I go.
Aug 24, 2005, 15:38
I couldnt see the point of taking you on 'head on' so to speak, as you have displayed a complete contempt for the scientific method while still using science as your principal tool of argument. This makes discussions with you futile on, oh, so many levels. Also, as you never managed to counter, or explore the points I put forward in any kind of rational way also kind of indicated it would be pointless to entertain any kind of discussion with your blinkered, bigoted self.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Aug 24, 2005, 16:25
"There's no arrogance or ego here you know."

Mike, when you go around telling people that you have found the 'path to enlightenment' and it involves swastikas but 'not your ego', you may find yourself having a rough ride.

As for the spiral, that resonates with me, a lot.

You say no-one speaks 'in your language', which is not necessarily true taking ibnto account your conspiracy theories and lizard stuff. There are many who talk about that stuff.

Where you mention spirals, and morphological processes, you may find some resonance in the writings of Goethe, Spinoza, the Pantheists, etc.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Aug 24, 2005, 16:46
I'm not judging you Mike, you may have misread. I questioning some of your claims.

AND... I'm spelling your name right ;-p

(pet peeve)
Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] This topic is locked

U-Know! Forum Index