Polite notice for Pro Hunt Supporters

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: Polite notice for Pro Hunt Supporter
Sep 30, 2004, 08:36
I've voiced my opinions on this argument in the 'That's a big burger' thread, and yes, farming can be every bit as bad and worse, enough said.

I know it's childish prejudice just to hate someone cos they're an arrogant toff but it works for me! I cannot stand people who think they have the God given right to do exactly what they please and fuck the rest of us, and that's what makes the fox hunters worse than the meat eaters, IMO, that and the fact that they always assert their right to hunt by maundering on about how townies have no idea about the ways of the countryside.

I think the dumping of dead animals in public places (and I take particular exception to it cos I live there!) just underlines what sort of people are pro-fox hunting. That sort of mentality, warped and counter-productive (only they're so fucking thick they can't see it) tells us all we need to know about the sort of people we're dealing with here.
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Sep 30, 2004, 09:37
"I honestly don't know the true merits of these arguments having no experience of hunting but they don't seem absurd and i am worried if the anti-hunt lobby don't at least try to understand these ideas (along with the logical argument about animal welfare already stated) then what governments/pressure groups will try to understand my beliefs and interests before they decide to ban things that are important to me?"

I do understand, I've been on a hunt, I've seen what happens, I've met the people who do this.. I've made my own opinon of what I think is right and wrong and this is wrong. When your garden is ruined by the hunt not giving a toss, or they leave their dogs behind in your garden and don't give a toss you learn about these things. I'm now a townie but I was also a Country Bumpkin (Wiltshire & Dorset) and I've made my own decision that this is wrong. I'm not an expert on this but at 31 years old I can see what is what.... the problem I can see with the Pro-Hunters at the moment is that they are the ones who really 'don't give a toss', dead animals on the streets in Brighton, fighting on the streets of London!! It that had been the Anti-Hunt Protesters we would have been (and have been) classed as terrorists/anarchists whatever you want to call them.. but nooooo the Pro-Hunters are just 'Poor old country folk'... I agree with you Duckbreath that 'animal welfare issues' need to be looked at, 'factory farming' needs to be looked at but to say that it is impossible for Meat Eaters to be Anti-Hunt is just plain wrong.. I think there are enough people on this site who would agree with you... as I said above if a group of meat eaters came out and wanted to help stop a Hunt I certainly would not turn them down....

You have your views and I have mine. I don't know where you live or whether you are in the UK, but If you are in the UK I'd pop on out early one morning and see exactly what goes on.... ;op Will open your eyes...

xx
Cleira
Cleira
269 posts

Sep 30, 2004, 10:58
I am not entirely convinced that foxes are a problem that needs to be dealt with anyway. I live in a very rural agricultural area, where there is hunting regularly and I have never ever even seen a fox out here - badgers, loads, mink, quite a few (but that's another kettle of fish) and lots of other various little fluffy beasties. I have never come across any farms where foxes have posed a threat and there are loads of chickens around here. Foxes seem to be more at home in cities these days.

So WHY exactly do we need to kill them anyway?
Cleira
Cleira
269 posts

Sep 30, 2004, 11:01
"Cunts is too good a word for them, an insult to the most festering and foetid of female genitalia, I'm afraid. "

????
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

"Fallen" Stock
Sep 30, 2004, 11:14
Their point was that there's a number of animals that die of natural causes in the country that cannot be put into the food chain (despite being perfectly edible). These are usually disposed of by hunts who by and large feed then to the dogs. Without the hunts these will have to be disposed of some other way.

Not really much of an arguement, though.
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Sep 30, 2004, 11:23
Don't ask me, I'm a townie so I wouldn't have a clue!

Has always puzzled me though, that one. Badger baiting was outlawed, but not fox hunting, and yet badgers can be vicious bastards if crossed - one had a right old go at our alsation cross a few years back! Not saying they should be killed though - nature red in tooth and claw and if you don't hurt them they won't hurt you type of thing.

Apparently rabbit hunting isn't going to be illegal under the new 'ban' either - now how exactly does that make sense? I guess you don't have to use dogs to hunt rabbits (although of course people still will).

It's all daft and those redcoat wearing hornblowing wankstains should just find something a little more productive to do, like spending their ill-gotten money on visiting limbless kids in Iraq and finding out about the lives of people that really HAVE got something to complain about...
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Sep 30, 2004, 11:25
I know, it was a childish remark, and it wasn't meant as an insult to female genitalia in general - the female reproductive system is, of course, one of the true remaining wonders of nature. All the same, if they're not washed, they can go just as minging as the male equivalent, but even in that state, the word cunt is too good to apply to a hunt supporter.
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: "Fallen" Stock
Sep 30, 2004, 11:27
Well no, I mean I've had to have pets put down in the past and I don't think their remains were fed to the dogs! A v weak argument on their behalf!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Sep 30, 2004, 14:55
>>Has always puzzled me though, that one. Badger baiting was outlawed, but not fox hunting,>>

Two views: Pro and anti:

http://www.fitzwilliamhunt.com/FAQ/badgbait.htm

and, er, my view (too lazy to find an anti-bloos sports view pertaining to foxes and badgers, and anyway after living in the country I feel I have a view :-)

I think the reason fox hunting has taken longer to ban has been because:

1. It was a 'privileged' sport.

2. The badger is much less a 'nuisance' than the fox (to unscrupulous or lazy farmers)

3. Badger baiting, like dog-fighting, was purely a spectator sport in which animals were shredded for voyeuristic pleasure whilst hunting with hounds was a protracted workout replete with regalia, cross-country skills, social event, special clothes, custom, notions of 'heritage' etc, etc. The end result was indeed a mangled, dead fox (if the hunt was a 'success') much like the badger baiting, but the getting there was arguably the greater pleasure. As for the pro-hunt argument that the fox may get away, well I don't believe that is the case as I and 3 anti-hunt campaigners (one a local farmer) once followed a foxhunt to where the fox had 'escaped' (gone to ground). Here's what happened:

The terrier men were busy digging it out, obviously the fox was a naughty one to have escaped, so the hunt demanded their prize. Unsportsmanlike eh? Still, it gave the deadhead terriermen (did they used to bait badgers or still do?) something to feel important about and they set to their work with gusto before we arrived and physically sat in the hole. A police helicopter and two police Range Rovers arrived. We were eventually asked to leave after a two hour impasse. What a waste of money. And time. Hence my argument against it is primarily cruelty, and secondarily stupidity and misleading lies. The class thing is another issue, and should be regarded as such IMO.

I used to (verbally) offer the hunt supporters (imaginary) Badger Baiting videos for themselves and children at my local Boxing Day anti-foxhunt protest.

"Gertcha lavlee Badger Baiting videos, New Year Sale now on.."

All the townies that walked briskly past us to reach the splendid view of the toffs on horses would scowl or shout (or threaten us) for ruining their day. I can't see why they were upset at badger baiting and not fox hunting. Unless it was because they couldn't legally torture badgers (the working class blood-sport) anymore and they saw us as representative of a mindset that wanted all blood sports to be made illegal.

Ho. Hum.

I'm more in agreement with animal protection than I am with banning a person's individual rights, hence I find the whole 'banning' notion offensive.

However, I find the whole 'torturing animals' notion more offensive on the scale of "right of person to torture" or "right of animal not to not be tortured" I know which camp I'm in, although I hear a lot of lies and shit from the anti-hunt side also. Ho hum.
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Sep 30, 2004, 15:09
"although I hear a lot of lies and shit from the anti-hunt side also"

Did you know that I'm actually a giraffe and I like to eat lemons... also my shit smells of flowers... ;o)

Hope yer not refering to me there sweetheart, or I'll be up your way with me hounds and hunt you down!! ;op >rrrassssssppppppp< love to you and yours...

xxxxxxx
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index