U-Know! Forum »
another american beheaded.

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: another american beheaded.
Jun 28, 2004, 22:51
Frankly I see living in the US as scary as Iraq, and frankly I hate it!
Quexalcote
228 posts

Jun 28, 2004, 22:52
when did you live in Iraq?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: another classic example
Jun 28, 2004, 22:53
It WAS out of greed. It just backfired. Or else Bush is extremely stupid.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 28, 2004, 22:54
I never did. Why don't you stop flinging these stupid questions and end this thread? You're making me angry!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 28, 2004, 22:56
I think you really are pro-Bush as much as you deny it.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Motives / Altruism
Jun 28, 2004, 23:08
Screw you!
Quexalcote
228 posts

Jun 28, 2004, 23:30
So you dislike the American constitution and think that blacks should still be enslaved?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 28, 2004, 23:36
I don't think I like you.
Quexalcote
228 posts

Jun 28, 2004, 23:39
I don't think that it's stupid to ask, after you've asserted that you think it's "just as scary living in the US as Iraq", to ask you what you base that assertion on.

This is a big problem with the anti-war left, the tendency to make assertions that are ultimately empty.

There's an especially infuriating Zinn essay in the new issue of the Massachusets School of Law at Andover's journal which is just four and a half pages of empty assertions that go nowhere in offering an alternative to handling the situation in Iraq.

Once again, I think an honest and well-reasoned opposition to the war exists, I might even support it, but I haven't seen it expressed here or anywhere else. If someone can point me to that alternative I'd be glad to look into it, because I don't like thinking that any military action is even acceptable. It certainly isn't coming from the Chomsky/Moore/Zinn camp.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 28, 2004, 23:47
You're just sounding like those right-wingers who react to anyone daring to criticise the president. I don't think you had any right to criticise bitteryesbitter or me for stating my opinion. If a more virtuous president waged war against Iraq, for the right reasons, fine. I think you are being condescending that you criticise my logic for being against this war. Especially when you have all the gall to criticise me for liking Death In June. At least Douglas P. isn't a leader or tyrant misleading the public like Bush, or Saddam for that matter. He is just a musician and I don't care about what you think of his clothes.
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index