What is better than Capitalism?

Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

What do you think would be better?
Sep 09, 2003, 16:21
libertarian marxism - ie not leninist (as someone else mentioned, he merely adapted the works of kautsky (iirr) to come up with what was, in reality, state capitalism.

go back to the old master (uncle charlie) and recognise that there is no need for a strict 'revolutionary party' along the leninist/trotskyist lines, but that the working-class can, for ourselves, work out and resolve our problems.

check out pannoekek's Workers Councils for some top idea's:
http://www.geocities.com/~johngray/wcontitl.htm
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: plus
Sep 09, 2003, 16:27
we'll have to assess your genuine need here comrade, send round the task force to make a report to the sub-committee who will pass it on to the approvals department who will then issue a docket to the issues council to send it round to the transportation group to put it on a bike to nip it round your place.

actually, i'd have thought most such usage would be on communally owned equipment, which would be regularly checked and replaced if necessary. if you realy do have a need (from each according to their ability, to each according to their ned, and all that) then you could take it down a place where goods and services are exchanged (we might still call them shops i suppose) give it to the comrade hanging around the desk (obviously they wouldn't be behind it, no one is behind anything in our communist utopia) and have a word with them. they'd probably sort you, depending on stocks etc etc.

and very finally, i'd rather suspect it was your fingers that were slow rather than the keyboard, not a lot we could do about that i'm afraid.
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 09, 2003, 16:33
Bloody commies.
get orffa me!
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Re: What is better than Capitalism?
Sep 09, 2003, 16:36
>where's Grufty Jim, anyone??),

I was wondering the same thing, he hasn't posted since about June and this type of discussion's normally right up his alley!
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: What is better than Capitalism?
Sep 09, 2003, 16:46
it is annoying, i was looking for him after having an argument with this Plaid Cymru bloke who insisted that after devolution wales would become one of the richest countries in europe because of renewables...i knew it was tosh but needed grufty's supreme knowledge of the facts and theories to do anything other than go, 'naah mate, that bollox that is'
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Sep 09, 2003, 16:48
too late sunshine, we gotcha clocked now like innit?
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: The real question is
Sep 09, 2003, 17:28
You sound more like Lenin all the time . . . news flash: systems based on "permanent revolution" and "dictatorship of the proletariat" have uniformly failed. And were never popular with the people who lived under them.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Technology!
Sep 09, 2003, 17:34
By the same token oil is not an energy supply but an energy storage device -- sun shines on earth, plants grow, animals eat plants, they die and sink into the bog to be dug up a million laters as "oil."

It all basically boils down to solar power, one way or another.

I am totally in agreement with you on investing in renewable and "alternative" energy sources.

I also have a lot of faith in technology to make things like fuel cells cost-effective (duh, otherwise why invest in developing them?)

Just think what technology has done for the world in the last 100 years . . . and if anything the pace of tech development is INCREASING . . . .
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: The real question is
Sep 09, 2003, 18:27
Newsflash update : Communism can not work in a single nation, it has to be fully international, every country to function (Thats actually what Lenin believed and wanted).

And communism as laid out in the old manifesto has never existed anywhere on this planet yet. So what failed wasnt actually communism, it just used the word to disguise its state capitalist ways
stray
stray
2057 posts

An Anarchist Communist Theocracy
Sep 09, 2003, 18:30
And with me in charge. I'll look after you all at least as well as Haili Salassi did his people.

No... wait.. ;)
Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index