Re: Carnac
Jan 12, 2004, 19:26
eh?
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Jan 12, 2004, 19:46
Thanks Mark - yeah interesting stuff. Didn't get there last time I was in Carnac so my memories are a bit old & fuzzy despite what a great impression it made on me. (Got me photies of course....)

Wanna get back over there with Jane in the next coupla years - she's not been yet.

The name thing's weird innit? Mebbe I was thinking it's the same spelling as Kermario... durrr!!!

love

Moth
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Brilliant!
Jan 12, 2004, 20:03
OK. Letterbeg! There is a promontory fort there, but no mention of a tomb/circle anywhere that I can find. That's a bloody long way away too. Maybe one day :-)

Thanks so much!

Tom
broen
broen
204 posts

Re: Brilliant!
Jan 12, 2004, 21:02
oh dear ?%#&?
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Brilliant!
Jan 12, 2004, 22:01
It's very possible that the spot is right. I think I can ask someone who lives a lot closer to check it out :-)

A genuine thanks for finding out more!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 12, 2004, 22:33
"Mebbe I was thinking it's the same spelling as Kermario... durrr!!!"

It's KermaNio !!!!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 12, 2004, 22:34
Actually, it isn't ... but I bet I had you reaching for a book :-)
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Jan 12, 2004, 22:43
Hah! Nice try 4W, but:

1. I didn't see the post til now
2. As it was you, I wouldn'ta believe you
3. I knew it was Kermatio.

love

Moth
wideford
1086 posts

Re: any info?
Jan 13, 2004, 01:05
Under the alternative name Rossport I have added the Rosdaugh court tomb to the database , it was once called The Druids's Circles . The link there says there is a bungalow in too close proximity which will help identify it . No joy with Letterbeg still .
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: any info?
Jan 13, 2004, 06:43
Irish sites are all known by the townand they are situated in: hence this site should be known as Rosdoagh. It is very important that the correct names be used so that when people search for a site they find it. Luckily we have the Alternative Name feature now and so other names that a site is known by can be added.

For Irish sites it would be my preference (for what that's worth) - and proper - if the townland were used as the main site name and alternatives added as just that: alternatives. If a site is *still* known as <i>The Druid's Circle</i>, for instance, then this can be used and the townland added as an alternative.

Thanks for adding a link to megalithomania, by the way. In this case it's necessary, because the toolbar plug-in wouldn't work - due to TMA having the wrong name.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index