Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Lives of the prophets

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
olly
102 posts

Lives of the prophets
Aug 09, 2021, 08:57
I haven't visited for a while so "hello" this is tenuously linked to TMA but...does anyone have any knowledge about the progress on Mr Copes "lives of the prophets"?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Re: Lives of the prophets
Aug 09, 2021, 14:46
Hello Olly

Unable to refrain from commenting that they're probably written on the subway walls (tenement halls). Seriously though, not heard anything about it for ages, perhaps Dope has distracted him. It will probably just appear (or not).

tsc
olly
102 posts

Aug 09, 2021, 15:16
The sound of silence... The world is swiftly changing (maybe it always has been) so maybe he has had to go back and review some earlier sections (or maybe the immediacy of music making is getting in the way, as you suggest) I should have asked Mr Cope at a book signing in Edinburgh a few years back. He was kind enough to sign a copy of all of his books i had in my back pack and talk about Avebury for a few minutes. Not many writers would do that.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Aug 09, 2021, 17:19
What sort of prophecy is that?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Aug 09, 2021, 21:40
Vybik Jon wrote:
What sort of prophecy is that?

A shite one. I never claimed the gift of prophecy!
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Aug 20, 2021, 09:37
Not sure what's going on with Lives of the Prophets, but if you're interested in that general area then Feet of Clay by Anthony Storr is a good exploration of various gurus and their followers.
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index