Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Right to Roam
Aug 23, 2020, 17:18
thelonious wrote:
tjj wrote:
Another little book people might like to read is The Fish Ladder by Katherine Norbury ...

Hi tjj. I had a lazy Sunday morning today and finished reading ‘The Fish Ladder’. Just wanted to thank you for recommending it. Well worth spending time with and I’ll let it settle in my head over the next few days. Not my usual sort of book and I’m not that used to reading about someone’s life in such bare detail. So sad at times. Love the places she wrote about. Many I’ve been lucky enough to have visited. Brought back nice times spent with my Dad, a keen birdwatcher, over the years. The Dunbeath Water is a magic place and the prehistory there is well worth a visit and not that hard to get to. Thanks again.

PS I love rivers and streams, who doesn't! Thought I'd post this link as reading the book reminded me of it. Can't remember where I saw it first. Sorry if it's been posted on here before.

Meander - Just a lovely word I think

http://roberthodgin.com/project/meander

Am so pleased to hear you enjoyed Katherine Norbury's book Thelonious - and took the time to read it.

I agree with you about the word 'meander' and have just been looking at the Robert Hodgin maps which must be an unique and totally original work.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index