Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Rusty

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
blossom
180 posts

Rusty
Jun 01, 2020, 22:01
Hi, I am popping in once again, and it is lovely to see some of the old names, I hope you are all doing well? TheSweetCheat I saw on a post that you have been unwell and I am sorry to hear that.

I am living now in England rather than Wales, and find myself searching my (for now) local area.

I need some help, I used to search on the internet for the government rcords for archaeological sites but cannot remember which website I used. To be honest I used to use the Welsh one mainly.

Can anyone point me to the website please?

Thank you
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Re: Rusty
Jun 03, 2020, 22:38
Hey up, lovely to see you back.

I'm okay, just some as yet undiagnosed nonsense (diagnosis obviously further delayed in current situation).

The English site is this: https://www.heritagegateway.org.uk/gateway/advanced_search.aspx

But be warned, it's rubbish compared with the lovely map functionality of Historic Wales and the CanMap sites. Typical bloody English, can't organise a decent Web interface.

What's your new area? Hopefully you'll have some sites near you. I'm massively missing Wales (and Cornwall, the sea, the moors, stone circles, mountains, etc etc).

tsc x
blossom
180 posts

Jun 11, 2021, 14:23
Hello again.. I'm glad you are doing ok. I'm currently between Macclesfield and Congleton. I'm living on a narrowboat and so have travelled quite a bit. I was in Staffordshire for quite sometime.
Ive had to shield for the most part of the pandemic.. not easy in a steel tube with approx 30ft by 7 ft living space..
Im off out this afternoon to see if i can find some interesting things to look at.

If anyone has any suggestions of "must sees" in south east cheshire before i return to staffs I'd greatly appreciate it.

Ill be heading up the Caldon towards Leek next month.
blossom
180 posts

Jun 12, 2021, 17:51
I apologise for adding 3 of the same image to The Bullstones today. If TMa eds could delete please as i cant figure out how to.
Thanks
blossom
180 posts

Jun 12, 2021, 17:51
I apologise for adding 3 of the same image to The Bullstones today. If TMa eds could delete please as i cant figure out how to.
Thanks
TMA Ed
614 posts

Jun 12, 2021, 19:53
No problem, all done.
Welcome back!
TMA Ed.
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index