Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Uffington White Horse »
The Uffington White Horse

30 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Ilex Aquifolium
18 posts

Since I last posted, something really cool has happened this evening which puts it altogether.
Jan 06, 2020, 20:40
For many years I had the fortune to be friends with a guy called Andy. He was a cheese stealing, cider swilling, dope smoking, piano playing, Kernow dwelling, oil painter of pixies, love life wanderer and mischievous enveloper of worlds. He died a few years ago after a long old illness and at his funeral we sang three cheers in sheer spontaneity and afterwards, fell about laughing with tears happy and sad.

He has a twin brother called Dickie who I rang this evening excited about Uffington and stuff! I also rang because I couldn't remember if it was him or Andy who I had had some sort of discussion with about Julian Cope....maybe Andy had met him? I don't bloody know... anyway, I rang his brother with this vagueness and also I haven't spoken to him for a couple of months.

'Yes....yes, yeah! Uh-huh...okay..definitely...yup...mmm...ok..really? Nice!...mmm. uh-huh..right' is a approximation of Andy's brother's reaction to me blurbering on about Uffington etcetera. But most of all, in the spirit of spending more time with my chosen family this year, I wanted to suggest we go to Uffington and maybe a pub lunch afterwards, before or during.

Then Dickie told me Andy wanted his ashes scattered at Uffington! The rest of how and why, I don't need to tell you for all of it is so personal. Except to say, Andy is not scattered yet, and a kick up the bum is needed.

So here's to you serendipitous spirit. Thank you to this space because, without it, I doubt a chain of events such as this would have unfolded.

Thank you.
All the love
Holly x
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index