Mudlark finds Neolithic skull by Thames

15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Feb 24, 2019, 19:57
Re: Mudlark finds Neolithic skull by Thames
Feb 24, 2019, 19:37
Yes, David Bohm is particularly stuttery in that link! I don’t mind the odd stutter/false start but as you say it becomes off putting after a while. Get y’ words out man! Hesitation at least gives the listener the impression that he is actually thinking about what he’s saying on the spot. You may have seen from some of the recommends that he believes that there was some kind of ‘mistake’ in thought very early on in human development. He suggests it’s the same in some other primates. This mistake may not be basic..ie there’s a way out of it. I’ll not attempt to got into it further here except to say he says that the idea of a ‘thinker’ having thoughts, the ‘me’, is some what illusory..the structure of thought creates the notion of the me, but conceals what it’s doing. Actually...horses mouth.

https://youtu.be/emAeFuwtelQ

J. Krishnamurti discussed in above link was hailed in the twenties as the ‘world teacher’ we’d all been waiting for. He disbanded the organisation build up around him in mid life proclaiming “The truth is a pathless land”

I enjoy listening to both and in discussion with each other particularly. There’s a pleasing absence of ‘long words’ in discussions of a important nature. Thought.. trying to solve the worlds problems, when the very tool used is in its self fault. Thought pretends it’s not created all chaos in the world..and then sets out to solve all the problems! Yeah right.. I believe that’s what’s meant in the bible by “you don’t put new wine in old skins” not religious, but many truths in the old stories..

Are the answers answers to ‘big’ questions just too simple for us to take. Thought just wants to ‘carry on?’

A country isn’t a part ...it’s a fragment.

‘Hic’

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index