The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Ancient History for the group

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
BuckyE
468 posts

Ancient History for the group
Dec 18, 2017, 23:53
Dear Friends,

Here's an announcement that will be of interest to the (ahem) old timers. And perhaps to some new members too!

I've finally gotten a hand on Bucky and Loie's Travel Diaries, and have been posting them to http://lovebunnies.luckypro.biz/01_stuff/06_travel/therocksinourhea.html .

They incorporate my Essay, "The Rocks in Our Heads," the principals of which were debated here a long while ago, although not under that title.

So please, any of you who remember our attendance at past Megameets, go to the web page referenced above, and look for Diaries that have "Wiltshire" in the titles. You'll be in them! Hooray!

Yours truly,

Bucky "Wishing We Were Back at the Red Lion" Edgett

P.S. If you'd like to correspond: bucky use the usual thing luckypro type a period biz!

Special love to Nigel, you old curmudgeon.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Dec 19, 2017, 07:55
Re: Ancient History for the group
Dec 19, 2017, 06:32
BuckyE wrote:

Special love to Nigel, you old curmudgeon.

F off !
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 19, 2017, 06:46
Well I've started. But it's a long (and interesting) job. I just got to "pluperfectly paradigmatic statement". When I find out what it means I intend to use it down the pub.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 19, 2017, 07:27
I've read the first Avebury one. Nearly made me blub.
BTW both Jim and I look much younger now.
moss
moss
2897 posts

Dec 19, 2017, 09:25
Hi Bucky. our little PDF would not unfold for me. Remember you and Loie walking back down from the Prescelli hills in search of the sacred spring, me thinking you both got lost and you complaining about the bog half way up the hill ;) Then there was Sea Henge, you arguing about something and it being freezing cold as we stomped round the barrows.
Now you would both have to visit us in Yorkshire! But lovely to see you once more on TMA, so a good Xmas to both of you, it was LS's birthday yesterday and he is a happy bunny down here in the North.
Love Moss xxx
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Dec 19, 2017, 09:41
moss wrote:

... it was LS's birthday yesterday and he is a happy bunny down here in the North.

The old boy kept that quiet :-)
BuckyE
468 posts

Jan 08, 2018, 04:27
Well, you couldn't look older. Unless the both o'you were some kind of mummies.
BuckyE
468 posts

Jan 08, 2018, 04:42
Hah! You can't lose us that easily. The Vertical Bog was, yes, one of the more challenging situations of out Travel Experiences, but we came through with flying (if a bit bedraggled) colors. Subsequently, I have identified the EASY way to get to the Sacred Spring, and we'll have a go sometime. I still want to to strike the Singing Stones.

Megameet 2019, I think?
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index