28 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Wirral Megalithic Sites
Dec 03, 2017, 15:09
david gregg wrote:
Yes, I have analysed the Fender Lane site. Again I first assumed it was an agricultural enclosure but I cannot find info. on it. Have you seen any historical references to it? The array is huge and very accurately laid out. It once had 42 stones. It has ~49 accurate three stones alignments of which 41+ accurately relate to obvious solar and lunar rising and setting points... mainly the latter. This is surprising but in line with Overchurch and Arrowe Park results.

My professional background is in systems analysis and modelling. I worked for a large multinational doing all kinds of business analysis but also for many years I was an academic. Iv'e been an astronomer and history buff since I was a kid and naturally applied my maths to historical analysis and got hooked. I have analysed many ancient sites using the methods of Professor Alexander Thom. I conclude there was a hell of a lot going on in the Neolithic.

Hi Dave
No I've not seen any historical references to it I'm afraid. I don't think there is any exaggeration on your part whatsoever about a great deal going on in the Neolithic. Thom has been discussed here on various occasions but not following his work, I have never taken part in them.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index