thelonious
330 posts

Edited Nov 22, 2017, 09:21
Re: Wirral Megalithic Sites
Nov 22, 2017, 09:05
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
GLADMAN wrote:
thelonious wrote:
Just wanted to say hi David. Always good to see new folk on TMA.

Where would we be without wonderful OS maps.

Makes me wonder just how many folk's interest in prehistory has started or been further fuelled by looking over a map and thinking I wonder...

I just love them (interesting subject by the way thanks).

Maps? Sometimes hate them when I can't figure out where I am on them. My fault, obviously. But where would we be without them. Particularly the torn, personalised ones with red route lines smeared by rain.... so many memories.

God I love maps, I can sit for an evening looking at one like some do a newspaper.
On the subject of not being able to find where you are on them, that is a problem for me too. The OS maps on phones are excellent for that! (as long as you have battery and GPS signal!)
It’s reassurijg to see the littl blue dot telling you where you are.

But it’s the paper ones that remain my favourite. My Marlborough one is so knackered but I still take it with me every visit.

I love my old torn ones. Tears Like battle scars across them and the odd squashed bug or two that bring back memories of good trips.

My local one is on life support, held together with sellotape and a kitkat wrapper (quick fix on a hill a few years back).

I still get lost all the time though.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index