37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
carol27
747 posts

Edited Nov 14, 2017, 16:36
Re: Stonehenge & Environs
Nov 14, 2017, 16:35
VBB wrote:
I stopped visiting tma years back, I only do now because someone sent me a mail with Silbury and Blick Mead in the same sentence. Even then I wouldn’t have been tempted to post. What changed my mind is two things. Firstly, I paused to read your field notes and those by others above, which has also drastically altered the manner in which I might have responded. Please keep this up, from where I sit your contributions are highly encouraging and (selfishly) gave me much to think about. Secondly, I think it would be helpful to respond to your impression of the Blick Mead project which couldn’t be further from the experience. I have been volunteering at Blick Mead for 7 years and got involved precisely because the project started and remains very much on the rebel side of the divide. There is only one academic and he is under siege (quite often from me), a few other departments and unis and individuals prop this up on a mates basis, the rest are non-archaeologists and a handful of students. I shall fly a Jolly Roger at the next dig, if it happens. The project only gets a limited time to access the site and no budget, so it all hinges on cooperation and donations. I shan't post for many years now I trust - take care all. Sorry if rambling, 3 hours sleep... VBB

Whoa, a human being. Well done sir/madam! Sincere!y.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index