tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Aug 25, 2017, 23:45
Re: or better not to travel at all
Aug 25, 2017, 22:01
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tjj wrote:

Anyway - wishing anyone reading this good health and good will. Life really is too short to hold petty grudges against anyone - especially people we haven't even met.

I apologise for any heat of the moment words.
You're right, life is too short for these things, and it's right that face to face is really the only way to understand/really get to know somebody.

This place does seem to have the ability to make people extremely defensive. Sometimes when trying to deal with subtleties or explain a reason why you disagree with somebody, typed words are not enough. You can't hear the tone of somebody's voice or see their facial expressions, so on occasion words alone can seem blunt or insensitive, even when the intention is something else entirely.
Often i'm posting here in between working which means I don't have the time to really say what I want to say, to add extra layers of depth to a reply or idea, so posts can be written quickly and succinctly, which perhaps isn't best for getting a point across

Anyhow, i'm going to have a little break I think, but will be back posting at some point i'm sure.

Thank you Evergreen, much appreciated. All the best.

Thank you too Nigel. And Moss as well.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index