The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Memories

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ironstone
62 posts

Re: Memories
Aug 31, 2017, 16:09
Yup, this gets it for me. It's all about the feel.
GLADMAN
949 posts

Aug 31, 2017, 22:18
Thanks all.

The knee's been pretty dodgy for years, to be honest... but held up OK recently in the West Country so I'll just have to keep going as long as I can. Unlike the camera, which packed up on Bodmin. So I'll try and put some notes on for those sites I couldn't photograph in next week or so.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Sep 01, 2017, 17:42
Sorry to hear about the knee, aren't bodies useless, letting us down when there's so much to see and so many places to visit.

Needless to say I agree entirely with your post earlier in the thread.
GLADMAN
949 posts

Sep 02, 2017, 09:01
thesweetcheat wrote:
aren't bodies useless, letting us down when there's so much to see and so many places to visit.

Cheesy line, I know, but you have to make the best of what you've got. It became painfully obvious my knees weren't the best at 25.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2550 posts

Sep 02, 2017, 12:23
GLADMAN wrote:
Thanks all.

The knee's been pretty dodgy for years, to be honest... but held up OK recently in the West Country so I'll just have to keep going as long as I can. Unlike the camera, which packed up on Bodmin. So I'll try and put some notes on for those sites I couldn't photograph in next week or so.

If I can keep going you most certainly can, keep your fieldnotes coming :-) What happened to your recent comment on Midmar Kirk?
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2550 posts

Edited Sep 02, 2017, 13:37
Sep 02, 2017, 12:23
GLADMAN wrote:
Thanks all.

If I can keep going you most certainly can, keep your fieldnotes coming :-)
carol27
747 posts

Sep 04, 2017, 18:07
Many thanks to Gladman for his eloquent description of his passion for our special places. I say " our" because it's something we all have in common. I personally tend to react with a sense of wonder, peace & excitement cos my eyes have been opened to a world i knew nothing about. I can only comment about how i " feel" about their gloriousness, but am happy to be educated on the possible why's & wherefores. People bring their own interpretations to our heritage & I believe they should all be respected & appreciated because sometimes I'm astonished by how little we know really; also this multifaceted interest must also provide some degree of protection to our stones.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index