30 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
carol27
747 posts

Re: Large stones
Feb 16, 2017, 11:04
moss wrote:
carol27 wrote:
There's speculation that the Rudston monolith extends as much underground as can be seen above ground; imagine that!

Hi Carol, Notice you went to Rudston a few days ago, my friend Roy has sent me emails this morning with vast internet books on Yorkshire, keep me quiet for a few days. He also mentioned that fact as well, Strickland I think and loads of bones and skulls. Funnily enough when I get round to reading it seems that Willy Howe and Duggleby Howe had deep shafts as well. Did you visit either of them?

Hello Moss. I'd been musing on the Rudston monument for a while ( as you do!) Ahem.. I read your excellent blog as you know & you mentioned it & that was it, I was off. I must admit I did wonder if you might be there ( oh that sounds a bit odd, anyway..)I did visit Duggleby & traipsed up & down & very impressive it is. These lumps & bumps that I wouldn't have looked twice at in the past. We started our visit to Yorkshire at the Devils Arrows. They are astonishing. I hadn't expected them to be so huge. I read about the Gypsey Race but didn't quite take it in fully, & me being me, am a little annoyed that I didn't grasp its importance, so thanks for the intermittent stream photos & info.
I hope you & yours are well. I'm off to Sunkenkirk yet again ( obsessive, moi) My day off & better than cleaning the house ..spur of the moment as per:)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index