Highways England Consultation - A303/Stonehenge

202 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Re: Highways England Consultation - A303/Stonehenge
Jan 24, 2017, 16:04
A general principle, throughout life, longstanding, based on experience, personal and in general, eg the buildup to Iraq. I hope nobody is inclined to criticise. I've been around a while. It happens. In this instance chagrin about what, yes, I'm convinced is a done deal. It will happen. The flannelling is ongoing, the end result already determined by those who 'know better'. The last word of my piece was site..that is what Stonehenge is categorised on TMA as: a site. One of many. I, personally, prefer as I have said already, a lot of others to it. As for TMA it is, and I hope remains for a long time to come, a website, different word, different phenomenon. Battered and bruised though it undoubtedly is, it remains a hugely valuable public resource, and, for all I know, has been visited for the first time recently by people interested in the Ness Of Brodgar. Such a pity there is no overall website visit counter to ascertain this.. I am increasingly wondering about the quality of its current curation, eg in terms of it's structural content compared to the few other archaeological websites that I have cursorially visited. When was there a review of that content, and any ideas about improvement acted upon? Nothing and nobody's perfect as I've mentioned elsewhere, times change, advances made and could perhaps be adopted here, the hugely kind financial offices of Julian willing. I'm not going to go off looking at every site going and report back, what others do is up to them. Before anybody chips in, my opinion to which I'm entitled, and I shall not post on this topic again, and I can but hope that any response will be constructive, informative, good humoured and good tempered. Remember... if the current contributors want an increase in their number to apparent former levels - and why should they not? - then that is the way it has to be. Not everyone is a learned expert, and everyone was not one once..and the possesion of knowledge does not make a better person than the rest, but 'just' a more informed one. Information should be shared to others by the so possessed who remain mindful that the recipients are equal as people from the outset. As you said, Thelma, we're all born, we live, we die. Unless anyone knows to the contrary. This website is information. Long live information. It will outlast us. Ideally, so should here. That is why I want it archived. My view. That's it.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index