John Michell lecture

Pages: 36 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited May 05, 2016, 21:24
Re: John Michell lecture
May 05, 2016, 21:20
Well I'm sorry but I've heard hundreds of such accounts and none of them constitute decent evidence do they? This is not to say many people aren't sincere, it's just that sincere belief by one person provides zero, zilch, nil grounds for belief by another. Only evidence can do that. Talk of professional dowsers making money at it ain't evidence of anything except (perhaps) the gullibility of some Aussie farmers).

Incidentally, your talk of fuckwittery on TMA is a bally cheek. You're the one saying dowsing works.
carol27
747 posts

May 05, 2016, 21:27
thesweetcheat wrote:
No danger there!

You're blessed there. Despite being periodically told off (in a friendly way) for having a favourite, my favourite site is *still* the one in West Penwith.

Tell me again, your favourite TSC cos I might just be trolleying down there soonish & am determined to visit it. I think it's the nine ladies, up past Men an Tol?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

May 05, 2016, 21:30
That's the one. Well worth your attention.
carol27
747 posts

May 05, 2016, 22:16
thesweetcheat wrote:
That's the one. Well worth your attention.

Ah, thankyou. I'll just go & lay me down. Think about ley lines, alignments & stuff, & what a beautiful place I'm in. You're all important you know; you're all teachers. Everything you write on here is an education to someone like me. But ultimately I just love to see, hear, smell & feel it & imagine....)
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

May 05, 2016, 22:34
Don't take our word for any of it! Go see...
COVENSTEAD
1 posts

May 05, 2016, 23:16
Look at the work of his close friend John Neal, and at the work of 'The Secret Academy'. It's 'All Done With Mirrors'.... x
Andy Norfolk
58 posts

May 06, 2016, 09:16
Go and read his book - you'll find you are wrong.
Andy Norfolk
58 posts

May 06, 2016, 09:25
If you could take the time to be bothered to actually read his book and come to Cornwall and look for yourself you would find that John was reliable and sound in what he wrote.

Of course it's easy to pick on someone who is now safely dead and can't defend himself.
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 06, 2016, 09:36
Andy Norfolk wrote:
Of course it's easy to pick on someone who is now safely dead and can't defend himself.

LOL!
Andy Norfolk
58 posts

May 06, 2016, 09:56
And this whole unedifying spectacle of fuckwittery reminds me why I don't bother with this sort of thread most of the time.

I do not think it is a) big or b) clever to make misleading and frequently completely wrong statements about what John Michell did. It seems very clear to me that some people making derogatory comments haven't read "The Old Stones of Land's End" (or haven't understood it) and also do not know West Penwith. Go and do something useful and creative. Don't sneer at the dead.
Pages: 36 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index