Trethevy Quoit...Cornwall's Megalithic Masterpiece

Pages: 40 – [ Previous | 127 28 29 30 31 32 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Re: For the record.
Apr 02, 2013, 21:04
bladup wrote:
I bet you'd love to visit the site after giving it all this thought? it's a shame you don't like driving much [and the fucking price of fuel].

Yup, but given current finances it'll never happen.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: Similarities elsewhere?
Apr 02, 2013, 21:06
Ha ha, You do get answers from politicians don't you? it's just that they're always lies.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 21:07
I answered that hours ago: "I don't know".

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=68276&message=867906

I'm not trying to provide the answers, because I don't have them. That's not avoiding the question, it's saying I don't know the answer.

I'm just pointing out that there are other, simpler explanations, which no-one seems prepared to consider as a possibility at all. Everyone (well, not everyone, just a few people) seems fixated with the idea that it must have been rebuilt as otherwise it's not 'correct'.

I don't think I have anything else to contribute to this thread. It's all purely speculative and only one alternative is being allowed.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 21:08
I did wonder that, i'd love to visit the place with everyone interested, in that sense it's a shame your all so far away.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 21:12
You did i can see it now, i'd asked it that many times i lost track of that one, hey maybe a farmer wrecked it at the beginning of heavy farming machinery and put it back up the best he could before people realized.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: For the record.
Apr 02, 2013, 21:18
Everythings going though the roof price wise, revolution will certainly follow so some good will come from it, the times are changing for sure, in the short term it'll be hard but hopefully the long term will be a lot better than this shit, if the rich won't share the poor will have to make them.
Harryshill
510 posts

Re: Trethevy Quoit...Cornwall's Megalithic Masterpiece
Apr 02, 2013, 21:18
Sorry, I won't be buying your book. I got bored with it already.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 21:25
thesweetcheat wrote:
I shall, although St Cleer is a long way from Cheltenham at current train prices.

We’re travelling down around solstice time and can give one or two people a lift if that’ll help.
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 21:37
thesweetcheat wrote:

I don't think I have anything else to contribute to this thread. It's all purely speculative and only one alternative is being allowed.

I don't think that's the case mate, it's just there's another theory being offered and i for one find it very interesting and worthy of discussion. I haven't read the book as i've said so i can't pin my flag to the mast on the whole thing but what i have seen i don't think should be dismissed offhand, if we all immediately label it as silly because it at first appears quite radical we may well miss something important.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Trethevy Quoit...Cornwall's Megalithic Masterpiece
Apr 02, 2013, 21:39
Harryshill wrote:
Sorry, I won't be buying your book. I got bored with it already.

Why make that particular point? Your ‘boredom’ comment is meaningless and negative and adds nothing to what is otherwise an informative thread. If you’re going to comment at all (for or against) why not do so in a constructive manner?
Pages: 40 – [ Previous | 127 28 29 30 31 32 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index