Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: Conspiracy cupcakes
Sep 15, 2011, 09:05
thesweetcheat wrote:
Well said TE, thanks.

Can this diversion be dropped now, please ?

Om Shanti

:-)
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: Conspiracy cupcakes
Sep 15, 2011, 09:14
Thanks.

:-)
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Conspiracy confirmed
Sep 15, 2011, 09:30
Thank you, Squid. :)

G x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Conspiracy confirmed
Sep 15, 2011, 09:41
megaonceagain wrote:
goffik wrote:
I get up early because a) I have young children; and b) I have a job.

So no - not food for thought at all.

And you've admitted you posted anonymously! So why lie? :D

Anyhoo. You'll not be coming back on my account, so don't pretend otherwise.

G x

Lie about what exactly. ?

Your the liar, the one who twists words, the one who bullies women.
This place would be afr better off without the likes of you and your spamwhore Ha friends, many think it, but i say it, and put my name to it.
HA is nothing without this place, your nothing more than parasites who add nothing, people only have to check out your site listings to see that.
This is supposed to be a community for sharing, you add exactly zilch.

How many valuable former members have left because of HA bullying, dozens, you lot are a poison to this place, and the mods don't have the courage to ban you, though that's no surprise to those in the know is it, wouldn,t want to upset your own nasty venomous little clique would you.

As a (fairly) neutral party, I must say I find this a very unpleasant post. From my experience Goff is a lovely chap who would never resort to "bullying women". As for HA being parasites and a poison, I'm not involved with HA, but in all my time here I've seen no evidence for either accusation whatsoever. I fail to understand how all this can generate such bile. Haven't people got better things to do? Like talk about stones frinstance?
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Sep 15, 2011, 12:13
Re: Our Sacred Land
Sep 15, 2011, 12:12
Well, well, well...the plot sickens.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/hands-off-our-land/8763931/Hands-Off-Our-Land-the-300000-new-homes-already-in-the-bank.html

This link in the article is particularly enraging and saddening:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/hands-off-our-land/8745082/Hands-Off-Our-Land-key-areas-under-threat-in-pictures.html

It's very intersting how these days The Telegraph, of all papers, is producing some very cogent and principled articles re. the activities of this Governments policies, and not just in relation to this topic.
The Eternal
924 posts

Sep 15, 2011, 17:55
drewbhoy wrote:
It is beginning to get tiring all this in fighting. I think I'll go climb some hills and let my feet do the talking. If being daft raises a laugh or two then I'm glad I'm not clever.

Yup, good idea. I'm off to the hills tomorrow - rain and wind forecast for the Cumbrian hills. :-(
Hope to return refreshed to find a refreshed TMA Forum.
All the best to you Drew, and to all TMA-ers.
TE.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Sep 16, 2011, 07:42
Sep 16, 2011, 06:39
The Sea Cat wrote:

It's even worse IMO. Developers tend to apply for big houses first (the locals complain less) and then apply for permission to build lots of small ones once they've started, which is easily given, thus double crossing the locals and the people who have bought from them thinking there's be no plebs on the estate! They even sell the fag end of estates that prove hard to sell on to Housing Assocs for small houses and flats. So that estimate of 330.000 i.e. 2 years suppy is very conservative. You can house 1 family on an acre or scores, and the latter is always the ultimate aim but not the initial proposal.

The govt reckons the problem is a shortage of small houses so if they truly gave a damn they'd say no more big houses, only small ones - and the landbank would expand to millions of units ...
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Sep 16, 2011, 11:14
I have always hoped for a serious backlash from the tradtional middle class old style Tory heartland, unused to be targeted in anyway by the Blue Meanies, and it would seem that it is on the cards. This isn't really a political argument anyway. I know many people from left/right perspectives who are in full agreement on this. A serious shot in the hull for the Bullingdon Mob in their Penthouses. This is one asset stripping heist that they may not pull off after all:

http://www.newstatesman.com/environment/2011/09/planning-turbines-countryside
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 16, 2011, 13:45
Yes there's hope it'll be another climb down like the forests but it also might be a case of try for a lot and compromise at the point you always intended. Like all used car salesmen do!

Also, although the middle classes don't want their Cotswold villages expanded, might not the Bullingham mob have anticipated that? Why else would they have written into the draft the opportunity for communities to share in the profits of any development they say yes to? Do you keep the place unchanged or do you support an expansion of the village onto the allotments in exchange for money to build a bypass, get better broadband, a new school and a bung for every household? It's clever, you've got to hand it to them.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 19, 2011, 07:10
You couldn't make it up could you? And did you see someone's comment -

"Cameron has personally ordered all planning inspectors to implement the new planning giidelines even thouigh they have not yet become law. Just in time for his father in law's latest round of planning applications."

And this in the Mail, not Private Eye. Add that to the Telegraph and you'd have to say things were rotten. Yet they seem to be carrying on regardless.
Wonder if someone is saying to them - you bottled the forests, make sure you get us the rest....
Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 121 22 23 24 25 26 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index