tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Sep 13, 2011, 18:36
Re: Conspiracy confirmed
Sep 13, 2011, 17:28
nigelswift wrote:
Point of info:

There's no HA/TMA thing. HA was conceived, designed and fashioned here on TMA by nearly a hundred TMA Members.

There is now an HA v "A group of sockpuppets comprising TMA ejectees" thing which is quite different.

Isn't it time to let sleeping dogs lie Nigel, I'm sure the SeaCat would rather address himself to the very real immoralities of the world we live in e.g. poverty and social deprivation, than get drawn into forum politics (with a very small 'p').
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 19:43
tjj wrote:
Isn't it time to let sleeping dogs lie Nigel, I'm sure the SeaCat would rather address himself to the very real immoralities of the world we live in e.g. poverty and social deprivation, than get drawn into forum politics (with a very small 'p').

Hope nobody minds me jumping in, but it's kinda relevant...

I received an email from Megadread explaining what's been going on. Multiple people on one sockpuppet login! No prizes for guessing who they are and how many of them have been booted from TMA for trolling.

Just wanted to remind people which direction the harrassment is going, that's all.

G x
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 20:09
goffik wrote:

I received an email from Megadread explaining what's been going on. Multiple people on one sockpuppet login! No prizes for guessing who they are and how many of them have been booted from TMA for trolling.

Just wanted to remind people which direction the harrassment is going, that's all.

G x

Well you know a lot more than me then. I can promise you I was fast asleep when the sockpuppeteer was about his/her business. I answered Nigel Swift's post because he saw fit to make a post with my name on it associating me with this activity. I had a phone call this evening from a good 'walking' friend who was following up the Avebury footpath damage - he had stumbled on the thread and was horrified. People seem to sometimes forget that this is a very public forum - mud slinging can be done with clever words, or base ones, but it is still mud slinging.

Any ways up ... like I said before, its time to let sleeping dogs lie and pass the peace pipe round the circle, so to speak.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 20:24
goffik wrote:

G x

Goff,

I'm sorry, but I think it would be helpful if this "HA as victims" thing stopped. There have been plenty of examples of harrassment and baiting on this forum and I'm afraid it has not all been directed at you. There have been numerous examples of bullying over the last few months, including various instances where anyone who expressed a contrary viewpoint has been systematically ganged up on.

This poisonous attitude is likely to ruin this forum, there are already a lot of people who read but do not post, as they are scared of offending or stepping into politics that they know nothing about.

I tried in the past to have the sticky thread warning removed, as I felt it was off-putting to new posters. That remains my view. I remember that the most vocal section of the forum against this was from some HA members. I find it particularly irritating that the rules that those same people claim are there to protect everyone only seem to apply in one direction.

I know nothing about any sock puppets, or multiple posters, or any of that. Frankly I couldn't give a toss either. To be clear, I do not in any way support or agree with the recent offensive posts by "stupidhead" that came and went in the night. I do, however, object to this continual martyred whining from a group of members who have deliberately posted messages to try to get a reaction with the aim of having posters banned. This sort of behaviour appears entirely against the interests of this forum.

Let me be clear. I have nothing at all against HA. The majority of members are very pleasant and welcomed me in to TMA when I first started posting on here. Let me also be clear that I have only ever met two members of TMA (past or present) and I am not aligned with some kind of anti-HA "conspiracy". I am however sick to death of the continual attempts to stir things and to get a rise out of people, particularly where individuals are targetted because of some grudge that goes back years and that no-one else here knows or cares about.

Bullying is not all about using rude and offensive language. It often uses very reasonable language and works by deliberately undermining other people, perhaps by pointedly ignoring their input or contributions. As one government website notes "Cyberbullying sometimes starts with the cyberbully posing as the victim."

It seems to me that this forum can go one of two ways. Either the ridiculous internal politics and bullying tactics stop and we all get on with it, or anyone who expresses a differing opinion to the vocal clique will sooner or later be banned and it will become a sterile little club with very few members. I obviously hope it will be the former.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 20:57
For the record, the sockpuppet I'm referring to hear is AveburAntiquities - not Stupidhead. That one came from yet another forum.

G x
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 21:05
Actually, the accusation that they were banned at HA’s behest has been thrown about by the ejectees and others for years. It was entirely untrue, they were all banned, without exception, for unacceptable behaviour in the eyes of the Eds, the Eds have recently confirmed it and said no way could anyone get anyone banned (and it would be an insult to them to try to or to say anyone could) so by what authority do you repeat the accusation as if it's a fact?

As you say, you know nothing about all of this. So might it not have been better to email me and ask about it before posting all that? Do you seriously suppose you would have written what you did if you had? No, you wouldn't.
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Conspiracy cupcakes
Sep 13, 2011, 21:11
I agree with this post entirely ...
megaonceagain
6 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 21:14
goffik wrote:
tjj wrote:

I received�an email from Megadread explaining what's been going on. Multiple people on one sockpuppet login!�No prizes for guessing who they are and how many of them have been booted from TMA for trolling.

G x

That's kinda naughty goff, with your clever wording your implying i've admitted to being the racist poster, you rascal you. ; 0

For the record, i admitted, without prompting, to the eds, that i did post as aveburyantiquity, i then posted the log in details on a few other sites whereupon one other person posted with those details, not several, and certainly no-one who any longer posts here.

We can keep going over this if you like, and i can keep creating new accounts, though i'd rather not, i wouldn't have resigned from here if that was the case.

I was not responsible for any racist posts, or any other under the name "stupid head", as i explained to you in that e-mail, i do not insult ladies, ie moss, and from what i've been told she was also targeted by the vile posts.

I have no problem admitting i have no love for yourself, nigel or littlestone, though i have nothing against moss, you got that. ?

I tried several times to bury the hatchet with you lot, even to the extent of pointing out on here an account created in Ls's name elsewhere, that was a troll account, risking several long standing friendships in doing so, i can go dig that up if you'd like, though i'd rather not waste my time. :)

Anyways, time for the tit for tat to stop imo, if you value the forum.

There was no need to bring up that private e-mail, other than to bait my return, which quite frankly only wastes the mods time, i'm listening to the football anyway so no time wasted on my part.

Let it go G, i have nothing to lose. ;)

Geoff. (megadread)
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 21:14
nigelswift wrote:
Actually, the accusation that they were banned at HA’s behest has been thrown about by the ejectees and others for years. It was entirely untrue, they were all banned, without exception, for unacceptable behaviour in the eyes of the Eds, the Eds have recently confirmed it and said no way could anyone get anyone banned (and it would be an insult to them to try to or to say anyone could) so by what authority do you repeat the accusation as if it's a fact?

As you say, you know nothing about all of this. So might it not have been better to email me and ask about it before posting all that? Do you seriously suppose you would have written what you did if you had? No, you wouldn't.

I didn't say anyone was banned at HA's behest. What I said was that the sticky warning doesn't work both ways. Deliberately bait-laden and goading posts have not resulted in summary bannings, rather contrary to what the warning says.

I stand entirely by what I've said, which is based on what I see happening on this board. I very much doubt anything would change that opinion, but I'm glad you know my mind better than I do.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 21:28
I merely think that if you had known all the facts you wouldn't have written what you did.
Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index