The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Our Sacred Land

Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 115 16 17 18 19 20 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
blossom
180 posts

Re: Conspiracy confirmed
Sep 13, 2011, 09:02
This all makes me want to shout and scream form the roof tops, but I feel that people would just put their fingers in their ears and turn away :-( muttering something about the looney left.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 09:08
The Sea Cat wrote:
[quote="nigelswift"]That may well be the case, I'm sure. I've no actual knowledge of HA or that much of TMA or it's history, internal politics etc. I just regard myself as an occasional independent contributor.:-)

Not having knowledge of HA doesn't make you a bad person!
I personally have had a lot of knowledge of it from the start, in fact I proposed it as a concept right here eight years ago. Please be assured my account of what has happened is perfectly accurate.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Sep 13, 2011, 09:11
Sep 13, 2011, 09:09
tjj wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:

It stinks. Where's the outrage ?!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/sep/10/planning-regulation-changes-countryside-danger

What is WRONG with people. Are the majority really too thick headed and self absorbed in the trough mentality ?

I have to disagree to some extent Sea-Cat, at the beginning of this thread I mentioned my local Save Coate! campaign which has been trundling for the best part of a decade with just a few dedicated people steering it (not me I hasten to add). I won't go into the background here other than to add 55,000 people signed a petition, planning permission has been refused not only by the local council but also the Secretary of State, But still the developers come back to Appeal (next one in November).

Here's the way forward though ... I wouldn't normally discuss my private business on a public forum but something happened yesterday which filled me with foreboding. I'm currently trying to sell my very modest three-bedroomed house (a Victorian terrace near the town centre). A potential buyer round yesterday - the estate agent had already told me 'he wants it cheap to multi-let'. Indeed he did, the only thing he was interested in was the size of the bedrooms and rejected it because the third bedroom was not a 'double'. Apparently 'investors' are now buying up old properties cheaply, multi-letting for the highest possible return. The ghost of Rachman returns ...

We are living in difficult times, with an autocratic, devious government ruling over us (in spite of alleged democracy)- its no wonder the majority are apathetic and afraid. Afraid of losing their jobs and even their homes.

Of course tjj. I was rather sweepingly referring to the average attitude to ancient woodland, monuments and a sense of cultural heritage. This is sadly quite lacking in terms of importance and relevance to many. Yes we are under threat in so many ways. I have covered this quite a lot re homelessness/vulnerable groups on Uknow, as I work in that sector.

The tireless efforts of yourself and others is invaluable, and is what gives me hope, and just goes to show that you can be fully aware and active in all the serious issues of great consequence that face us, including nature and our heritage.

:-)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 09:25
Because we publish a quote of the week every now and again when we come across a stonking good summation of a current situation.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 09:36
nigelswift wrote:
Point of info:

There's no HA/TMA thing. HA was conceived, designed and fashioned here on TMA by nearly a hundred TMA Members.

There is now an HA v "A group of sockpuppets comprising TMA ejectees" thing which is quite different.

That may well be the case, I'm sure. I've no actual knowledge of HA or that much of TMA or it's history, internal politics etc. I just regard myself as an occasional independent contributor.

The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 10:20
nigelswift wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
[quote="nigelswift"]That may well be the case, I'm sure. I've no actual knowledge of HA or that much of TMA or it's history, internal politics etc. I just regard myself as an occasional independent contributor.:-)

Not having knowledge of HA doesn't make you a bad person!
I personally have had a lot of knowledge of it from the start, in fact I proposed it as a concept right here eight years ago. Please be assured my account of what has happened is perfectly accurate.

I'm not doubting you. Fair enough, and I'm gladly none the wiser anyway. Just out of interest though, I'm intrigued as to why my post reminded you of HA.
blossom
180 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 10:25
nigelswift wrote:
Point of info:

There's no HA/TMA thing. HA was conceived, designed and fashioned here on TMA by nearly a hundred TMA Members.

There is now an HA v "A group of sockpuppets comprising TMA ejectees" thing which is quite different.

What is a sockpuppet nigel?
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2554 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 10:35
Does that mean you are wanting more ejectees?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Sep 13, 2011, 12:12
Sep 13, 2011, 10:45
It's people, usually banned, who adopt new names so they can re-join specifically to attack people on a forum. They tend to pour out scary bile in the early hours. Aveburyantiquarian and Stupidhead were the latest examples, now zapped I expect.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Sep 13, 2011, 10:45
Thankyou.

Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 115 16 17 18 19 20 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index