This topic is locked

669 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ascorbic
ascorbic
15 posts

Re: Silbury updates
Jun 27, 2007, 10:43
@goffik: Yes, I believe they would have recorded the tyres - they record everything. Even stuff from last year would be archaeology, just not particularly useful archaeology!

@nigelswift: I must reiterate that my information is not unfiltered - it's simply what my friends have told me, and I obviously can't say anything to get them in trouble. If anyone has been wondering, no, I am not an EH person undercover, or someone sent by EH. I'm just a guy in Bristol with an interest in arch stuff, due in part to friends who are archaeologists with an infectious enthusiasm for what they do. None of what I say should be taken as 100% accurate, or coming from EH, or even coming from my friends on the project. It's just what we've spoken about when I go up there and am sitting in the pub with them at the end of a day's work. The views expressed here are my own, and the information is hearsay.

Regarding collapses, I don't think I know much more than what's been in the updates - they're not hiding stuff. I don't believe there have been any serious ones, but don;t quote me on that. Anything that they think may have been of interest gets put in the updates, or at least it has been in the last two. I don't know about the older ones, as I don't know the people who wrote them.

Regarding the schedule - I think they're still on target. This has a lot to do with people working very long hours to keep it on track. Skanska have very specific daily targets, which I think they've been managing to stick to.

I believe the Ask The Experts thing and FAQ should be sorted out soon. I know people are working on it, and the archs who are dealing with the public interpretation and so forth are very keen to get it sorted out. It really has just been procedural and technical issues that I can't really go into. Despite what people here may think, EH do take the public interpretation stuff seriously.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index