This topic is locked

165 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Re: Getting Serious about Conservation
Nov 05, 2003, 12:54
Heritage Alliance does sound respectable which might be useful. However, it suggests an unholy alliance of EH, NT, Scottish Heritage and Cadw (sp?).. That's not what's wanted is it?

Now that all the funny acronyms have been aired (hopefully) I would suggest that you forget about the best name until you know what you want to be and want to achieve. Suspend a concise mission statement too and just brainstorm ideas - the words will come later and can be polished to perfection

Who are we? Are we passive, or militant? Do we seek to affect change through gentle persuasion or by taking confrontational action when necessary? Are we limited by geography or period ie is prehistoric Britain and Ireland our chief/only concern?

Once this fundamental stuff is discussed and agreed the rest should follow without having to go back and waste time and energy by argueing with ourselves. Above all - please be aware of the continuing commitment in time and energy that will be required. It is serious or it is nothing. Brigantes has shown us that real passion and hard work is the key to a succesful, sustained campaign. Worse than useless if we start and then falter.

Coming up for my 'bus pass, but I'm game for it still.

E.S.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index