What Am I Going To Watch Again?

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Edited Dec 12, 2020, 21:50
What Am I Going To Watch Again?
Dec 12, 2020, 21:50
The Hill on BBC2 tonight (and for at least a week on the iPlayer).

One of Sean Connery's best ever performances alongside a fantastic cast. Treat yourself if you've never seen it, or even if you have.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: What Am I Going To Watch Again?
Dec 13, 2020, 14:04
Will look into it.

Watched The Rebel with Tony Hancock from 1961 last night. Has a Reginald Perryn type of vibe except it predates it of course, with Tony going off to France to become an artist. Hilarious!
Monganaut
Monganaut
2370 posts

Edited Dec 13, 2020, 18:27
Dec 13, 2020, 18:25
I've been enjoying the war film bank heist caper that is 'Kelly's Heroes' all over again. Was surprised to read it was very loosely based on a book called 'Nazi Gold', which is an odd read, but goes some way to explaining all those 'lost nazi gold train found' titles you see in the gutter news now and again.
More info if yer interested...

https://blog.elmc.co/view-post/the-true-story-of-kelly-s-heroes

https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2020/06/the-true-story-of-kellys-heroes/
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Dec 28, 2020, 23:51
A few Netflix films/shows that weren't that good:

The Laundromat
Rebecca
Death to 2020

What I have been enjoying on the Iplayer are Heroes and Ghosts. Amazing development of story arcs in the former (Am about 50 episodes into the 78 or so) and laid-back and good natured comedy from the horrible histories peeps in the latter
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Dec 29, 2020, 10:06
Yeah, Ghosts is charming and funny.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2370 posts

Edited Dec 30, 2020, 18:20
Dec 30, 2020, 18:17
Yeah, wasn't expecting to like Ghosts, but binge watched the whole thing over a couple of nights. The back story of the Captain and Scout leader brought a lump to my throat I'll tell ya, though my fav' character is the stone age fella. The one line he said in the filming episode... "Wasn't me, a bigger boy made me do it" for some reason had me howling with laughter for reasons I can't explain. Prob the only full on belly laugh I've had all year. Xmas edition wasn't too over sentimental either.

There's a great film on prime called 'Madness in The Method', which is basically Jay, from Jay and Silent Bob trying to become a serious actor by following a one off 'method' book. Truly silly/funny/dark comedy movie.

Caught 'Went The Day Well' on Vintage TV the other day. What a classic!

Also, if you like dark superhero story series 'The Boys' is excellent. Kinda like Watchman, but much darker (well I think so).
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Jan 06, 2021, 21:28
Just realized I probably didn't pick up the subtleties of the original post as have just been listing things I've watched rather than will watch again.

To that effect I have just watched a Roy Andersson film again - does that count? Not the same one though...

About Endlessness

The other one being: A pigeon sat on a branch reflecting on existence

I count me as a fan
The Village Pump Index