Wot Yoo Wotchin For

Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Wot Yoo Wotchin For
Aug 01, 2020, 10:06
I very much enjoyed The Mind of Herbert Clunkerdunk on BBC iPlayer.

Famalam is also worth a spin.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Re: Wot Yoo Wotchin For
Aug 03, 2020, 03:30
I'm working me way through those Leone/Clinty spaghetti westerns. Caught 'For A Few Dollars More' on TV the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it after not seeing it fer possibly decades. Today was 'Fistful of Dollars' and tomorrow may be 'The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly'. Also looking forward to the Rod Steiger/James Coburn caper 'Fistful Of Dynamite' trailer states "Rub him the wrong way, and he'll go off in your face" Hmmmm .... and then I may seek out that Comic Strip piss take 'Fistfull of Travellers Cheques'.

What I can't recommend is the latest 'blockbuster' film version of the battle of Midway, funnily enough called 'Midway'. What a bunch of shit CGI'd jingoist crap.

Me and me eldest both dig crappy horror films, so we've been having a bit of a 'fest' over the last few weeks as well....Fabbo/ funny indie from New Zealand called 'Deathgasm' is fav so far. (Plot - Inept young much put upon hairy metaller decides to bring hell to earth to right all his wrongs with 'the Devils Music'. As you might expect, it all goes horribly wrong (but in a fun way). One of many fun scenes is protagonist and mate trying to stop his zombie step mom attacking him by hitting her with a larger black dildo. Kinda like an Metal version of 'Shaun of the Dead'. There is apparently a follow up in the pipeline that I am looking forward to muchly.
Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg-c7UpJZLQ
common era
865 posts

Edited Aug 03, 2020, 10:13
Aug 03, 2020, 10:13
Probably a sign of the times but we couldn't wait weeks to watch Broadchurch when it was re-run recently. I hadn't seen it before, so we signed up for Britbox and binge-watched all series over a few nights.

After Broadchurch we also watched Safehouse, then Trauma and currently watching The Bay. All excellent!

Also watched all of Detectorists which was brilliant and really hope there's more to come of that.

Another delight was Idris Elba's In The Long Run on Sky. Superb show, hilarious and touching at the same time.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Edited Aug 04, 2020, 13:25
Aug 04, 2020, 13:18
Trying to think of the other programme I saw Spencer Jones (?) in on the iplayer. It was ok - kind of like a modern day version of Some Mothers Do Ave Em!

Been following the World snooker in the absence of being able to play. I have been fortunate enough to get back to playing badminton and golf.

On Netflix it has been Better Call Saul and the Last Airbender animation series. BCS is very watchable and the Saul Goodman character is a compelling watch to see what happens next to the lawyer. Not always a lot going on but ticks along nevertheless

On the Iplayer it has been that vampire comedy (In the Shadows?) with Matt Berry and a pretty good supporting cast like Natasha Demetriou (?). Also Bad Education. Don't find Jack Whitehall particularly funny as a stand up or that programme with his dad but he is a reasonable comedy actor (see Fresh Meat)
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Aug 04, 2020, 15:36
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
Trying to think of the other programme I saw Spencer Jones (?) in on the iplayer. It was ok - kind of like a modern day version of Some Mothers Do Ave Em!

Would that be Mr Winner?
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Aug 04, 2020, 16:28
yes that's the one! Have you seen it? I think he was also the one inexplicably being Ricky Gervais in Upstart Crow too.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Aug 05, 2020, 10:16
Mr Winner - yes.

I had a flavour of Mr Bean and never considered Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em, but you're right.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Aug 07, 2020, 13:00
Just binge watched a very good Czech post cold war thriller series on Prime calle Red Line. Don't think I've watched many Czech TV shows, but on the strength of this one, I'll deffo be checking out other stuff.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8747598/
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 25, 2020, 21:56
I'd avoided this because it sounded like Chance In A Million. Not an original premise, then?
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Aug 26, 2020, 11:43
Mr Kiernan!

Good morning.

I had to look up Chance In A Million, but yes - seems quite similar.

The Mind Of Herbert Clunkerdunk is much better imo. Very silly.
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index