The Village Pump »
it's another WEEEEKEND!

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9041 posts

it's another WEEEEKEND!
Aug 23, 2019, 16:12
So, what's occurring?

This'll be the first I've spent at home for what seems likes ages. Having been to several festivals, this Summer - and enjoyed two holiday breaks too - a nice one mucking about in the garden. I intend to be hacking through seriously overgrown briars and ivy, but given the super sultry weather we've instore, a bit of nothing in particular might also be on the cards.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2601 posts

Re: it's another WEEEEKEND!
Aug 23, 2019, 16:23
Sounds like a good opportunity to crank up that phonograph...and ROCK. That's what I'll be doing anyway.

Enjoy.
Kid Calamity
9041 posts

Aug 23, 2019, 18:27
Well, as it happens, it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago - and my mother got me the Henge and Black Midi albums on vinyl! So, I might just do that.
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Aug 24, 2019, 21:59
Belated Happybirdee..in Boro sorting other arfs daughters garden today, doing hers tomorrow, maybe wander into the moorland wilds in campervan for night, down to the Wolds for plant fair Bank Hol Mon, buying for designs I've got on, mebe campervan night no2, scuttling off back to Sheff Tues. I've had bronchitis for a month, been a bit shite, only picked up yesterday...after catching up on work off on delayed Scottish hol, touch wood - needed.
wychburyman
951 posts

Aug 27, 2019, 16:21
Kid Calamity wrote:
Well, as it happens, it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago - and my mother got me the Henge and Black Midi albums on vinyl! So, I might just do that.

might go and see Henge in Brum on Halloween. I need to be spaced out on Brexit eve
Kid Calamity
9041 posts

Aug 29, 2019, 11:53
I love Henge, though I've yet to see them live. I've penciled them in.
wychburyman
951 posts

Aug 29, 2019, 15:36
Kid Calamity wrote:
I love Henge, though I've yet to see them live. I've penciled them in.

great, maybe see you there, we're meeting some others in Kings Heath, if you want to come over with us, get in touch.
Kid Calamity
9041 posts

Aug 30, 2019, 10:58
Will do, of course! I'm just not 100% on where I'll be, at the mojo.

This weekend sees me off playing a couple of gigs, btw.

Tomorrow afternoon my beat combo Delphini open proceedings for the third Space Chase weekender. The bill includes Krankschaft, Litmus and Sonic Trip Project, Psycic Lemon... - Then I'm hightailing up to Crewe for a set with my other band Monkeytrial for some electronic progadelica!

Sunday will be a lot quieter as I'll be resting.
The Village Pump Index