Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2020, 22:45
Re: Introducing the new romantic poetry range
Jan 27, 2020, 22:41
This is actually a story about somebody at least a decade younger than me from Stockport who excelled at being a grown adult at the age of 19.

She wore multiple outfits and hairstyles, and I did observe the difference, though a chap in Pub X laughed out loud when her passionate arguments against ginger discrimination were nullified by my suggestion that dyeing your own hair ginger is the equivalent to blacking up.

Now you can laugh too! Once they fix the reservoirs. Permanently.

Also Mars has two moons and she had a very pert bottom.

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2020, 22:49
Jan 27, 2020, 22:46
This was a 2007 Julian Cope pastiche that predicted the arrival of Jarett Kobek. Dunno, haven't read it.

Oh wait, no - this was when in the middle of trying to resummon my ex-housemate into my dreams she literally just waltzed through going "this is rubbish".

Sometimes it's really difficult to impersonate Aphex Twin, sometimes it's really hard to lucid dream.

And sometimes it's difficult to separate your ergs from your sentiments.

Literally namedropping in a state of ignorance.

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2020, 22:54
Jan 27, 2020, 22:51
Yeeeeeeagh! This is the psychosis drop-off point:

Who DOES need to be wearing an ankle tag this day!? Don't ask me it's just a coincidence, but mostly a fantasy.

Obviously I'd have a clip of the guy from Rapido and Prince overrunning his set on France24 primetime telly in 2011 but, y'know, Brexit n that.

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2020, 23:17
Pee Tree Number One
Jan 27, 2020, 23:16
With the walls and the verboten
Top totem
Balls like ice and fires like cheese

Can you please send this poet
back into space

or Kent Gardens?

With a seed and a blimp and a wish
spoiling the land with electric motion

a vision appears:

Go Far, Kew Zephyr.

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Feb 05, 2020, 16:53
Feb 05, 2020, 16:46
Oh solid striped mass of fourteen
Recombine or other poetic adverb
To hair and beyond!

dread or undread
cycle or line

appearing perpendicular
persuasion is as persuasion does

some rubbish not made for chords
was this a poem?

No it's just my mind collapsing again
because i'm well into you

just at 90 degrees only

Cx

(this is a poem about an ex girlfriend who when you first met you both simultaneously loved and hated each other, and the first dream you have about her she's not wearing dreadlocks but when you manifest in the dream you are perpetually perpendicular to it)
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Feb 24, 2020, 17:47
Feb 24, 2020, 17:42
CHRIST ON SOME WALLPAPER

how clear does my fee

ear

ill eye

energy

have to be

before I launch a national campaign against not charging people 99p just to have a poncey Green Lantern around a ATM that everybody knew was there to begin with!?

That's a poem that is.

"Hey look, I own half of Norfolk and the last Credit Union has perished on our watch."

Meet the Sea People you object,
apart from at the start of the poem
where I thought I might have loved somebody.

Like the 99p challenge

Also death (and love)

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Mar 14, 2020, 21:31
Mar 14, 2020, 21:28
I want my hippie ex girlfriend to stop having multiple partners and form a triangulated coven with me and the missus.

THE END

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Mar 24, 2020, 15:25
DID YOU KNOW
When catching the Park & Ride from Addenbrookes bus station of an evening you can see Venus in the sky to the West, looking back over the hospital.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2020/mar/24/prada-the-latest-fashion-brand-to-make-medical-face-masks

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Apr 19, 2020, 12:01
Apr 18, 2020, 19:43
giNgko_C wrote:
As ever time and love and YOU
but the greatest of these is a really rubbish joke about not possessing the gift of sight.
Or at worst having coincidence feed back on you like some Master of The Universe Horseshit

Yes, it is rather - this was written on the ex's birthday and I didn't even realise I was thinking about HER.

Also, post #69 for this thread.

GET IN!!!

EDIT: BAHA! and it's the 50th Anniversary of the Lada today as well -

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/19/take-me-to-your-lada-cubas-passion-for-a-little-russian-box

to think this all started with a poem written the night of April 19th 2019 (after midnight going into 20th) with a line that goes: "...as the first stopped in a Lada" just plucked out of the ether as had nothing better to convey.

I had no idea!
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Apr 21, 2020, 09:30
Apr 20, 2020, 19:37
giNgko_C wrote:
I want my hippie ex girlfriend to stop having multiple partners and form a triangulated coven with me and the missus.

THE END

Cx

OK I THINK I'M GOING TO BE SICK NOW, the THE END here is a link to the trailer for the 1989 film The Tall Guy, perpetuating the whole "1989 joke" trope I've had going the past wee while, and with the ex being into the whole polyamory thing the first thing that popped into my head was that scene where the chap is shaking hands with all the men in that bed under the duvet (caught it on telly years and years ago), tap water on the weetabix, "this man has no spine" etc

Just looked up Madness' It Must Be Love because it was playing in the Post Office when the ex was mailing her reply to my love letter from last Easter weekend... It was only sodding featured in the actual film The Tall Guy werenit??? LOOK: There's Jeff Goldblum and Emma Thompson sharing one of those limited edition Superman PPE gowns!!!

J.C.O.A.B.

Is there a point in any C.G.Jung enthusiast's life where things go one step beyond "meaningful coinicidence"?

xxx

EDIT: So, like, literally received a love letter reply from my ex a year to the day since starting this Romantic Poetry thread. So the Romantic Poetry WORKED!!

Somebody say "Movistar"!!!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187497-d7810415-r367250324-Book_Taxi_Barcelona-Barcelona_Catalonia.html
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index