Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 23, 2020, 16:05
Re: Introducing the new romantic poetry range
Jan 23, 2020, 16:05
I refer the right honourable gentleman to a recent book review about The Self Delusion

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jan/18/the-self-delusion-tom-oliver-review?fbclid=IwAR25rL94tQyiaryQNK9z7_KRGQ2MGoJtXkPcc4xlZV59MgxqdCXwFUSuQq0

what makes this joke intrinsically funny is the massive drunk outpouring of memory masquerading as an album review of 'Self Civil War' regarding Karma in 2007.

She was year of the Rat - did she catch toxoplasmosis off of me? Miaoow!!!

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 23, 2020, 16:13
Jan 23, 2020, 16:13
Jesus Hector Christ, I can't be bothered deciphering my own poetry anymore - I thought we left it at 'Self Civil War' being released on the Wolf Moon and TOTP on BBC4 arriving at 1989 at the same time.

[insert weird face]

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Jan 23, 2020, 16:21
It was the point at which the BBC helicopter was hovering over the 12-sided building in Fishlake at which the missus said:

"Yes, I know that's a bit of a coincidence, but are you sure you're not completely fucking mad?"

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2020, 17:42
Jan 27, 2020, 17:33
ANYWAY, piss poor encoded message in this poem - basically Danny Boyle studied at the University of Bangor and organized the London 2012 Olympics, in which Underworld's 2002 "You Bring Light In" was used as the music for the torch opening ceremony.

Bangor 2002 is where I met Michelle and that's who this poem is about.

Not a great leap forward of the imagination really is it? "Psychic Ipod'ing Michelle Of My Former Self for all of 2019" - I've been psychic Ipod'ing it every day since its release!!!

Cx

hey, I've got a joke for you now, it's an Antarctic Mining Treaty joke: "Hey, remember back in 2045 where they said you could mine the Antarctic for coal and all we got was this non-combustible fossil that survived two Japanese nuclear bombs! Eeeh, they'll be gettin' more energy in than thee geroot!!!"
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Re: Thirteen-lined ground squirrel
Jan 27, 2020, 22:16
Actually what this poem is about is still feeling self-hypnotised about the dream you had about HER, so you go on unfiltered internet and just latch on to the first clickbait goddess article you find:

"What's the first Goddess that matches the description of a lacklustre boyfriend who has to get his actual missus to do the beating up for him?"

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Jan 27, 2020, 22:19
Though watching South Park series 23 and Randy Marsh coming back having killed Winnie The Pooh in order to facilitate his weed business, the family ask:

"Why are you covered in blood and honey?"

Interesting parallel but not connected!!!

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2020, 22:31
Jan 27, 2020, 22:26
Further evidence that Morrissey personally hates the BBC and apparently Victoria Derbyshire is one of the first shows up for suggestion.

Look, right:

I'm 42. I am a bored web software developer. My spouse is a lecturer - I occupy a state between cake frosting and vampirism. Bored of autotyping random guff in the hope it would get a luff - see where I'm going here?

So what do you do when you're bored? You run a NetLogo termite simulation and think: "ah, yes, I see the thoughts there being carted about by agents."

What happened to the sense of detachment where you can simply go: "LISTEN: that machine's done that bit now."?

Fucks sake - since John Balance came out I've listened to one Coil wavetable scanned by a random variable oscillator for 28 minutes at 128kbps mp3 compression rate and it still pisses all over a software synth of the same idiom plugged directly into my ears through the same equipment!

Jealous are the Gods of piffle, assuming they exist.

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Jan 27, 2020, 22:32
this is where you're hungover as a cunt and your vision is blurred so you can't tell the difference between numbers anymore.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2020, 22:35
Jan 27, 2020, 22:34
This is the point at which your fantasy is collapsing because you're too drunk to drive, assuming you could drive in the first place, or ye ma n da, though must order copy of John Balance CD as apparently according to youtube it has a coke bottle CD design.

Who knew?

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Jan 27, 2020, 22:36
When does deja vu land between vision and waking in such a blue tunnel form?

Get back to sixth form ye junky!

Cx
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index