Introducing the new romantic poetry range

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Re: Introducing the new romantic poetry range
Jan 05, 2020, 14:44
I only just today found the Clayton Eshleman connection to Metranil Vavin!

And just to freak my two-digit number-obsessed mind out a little further, the cheapest you can get his Juniper Fuse: Upper Paleolithic Imagination and the Construction of the Underworld (2003) on Amazon for is

£34.34!!!

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 07, 2020, 13:58
Jan 07, 2020, 13:52
Y'know I'd die a little inside if you weren't implying my new romantic poetry was magnificently twatty.

Currently trying to write a song about drunkenly chatting up an ex-girlfriend on social media called "(Let Me Be Your) Love Tamagotchi", rhyming the word "chorus" with "myths about Horus" - and lo! Osiris' penis was thrown into the Nile and eaten by a catfish!

Sometimes these things just write themselves.

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Jan 08, 2020, 16:22
this is the point at which you go

ah, yes, I was just about to rhythmically rhyme

"Let Me Be Your Love Tamagotchi"

with

"Fly me like an aircraft to/from Sotchi"

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 13, 2020, 20:18
Jan 13, 2020, 20:15
Hey!
Erf!
Bleuurgh!!!

Imagine you were so psychotically deluded that Iran blowing up its own airspace was a direct mirror of that time the ape boys in school muscled you out of your own afterhours table tennis slot!

I certainly hate having punched myself in the face with the bat by mistake!!!

Cx

1989/90 get in

I'd imagine it's exactly how Jesus felt when he were crucified
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Jan 13, 2020, 20:23
Cor, what if, like, Dominic Cummings were a metaphor for having to move out from your non-spouse cosy living arrangement and having to attend local council meetings?

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 23, 2020, 15:27
Jan 23, 2020, 15:26
"Oh don't be a cow I'll be good to you now
Just say when"

That's a mawkish post-Ash Smiths song I wrote in my own head while somebody I totally digged ignored me in the job centre queue six years ago, but didn't finish because it made me cry inside.

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Edited Jan 23, 2020, 15:48
Jan 23, 2020, 15:38
I think what's even metaphysicallier funny about this poem is when on May 2 2009 I caught up with Zack and Karma and as we were approaching the crossing off the High Street I tried to make a joke:

"Heeeey, a lot of people say live your life as you may be run over by a bus the next day, therefore I have spent my entire life in permanent fear of buses"

And Karma went: "Uh hu hurr", like that were a really shit joke, as it were.

Damn.

Anyway, long story short I typed an account of the day on here which Pixxx really liked and we entered into some form of friendship on Facebook, then sometime in 2012 I spotted we were both trolley'd so I said: "Hey, phone me"

then a yada yada ensued where ultimately she said: "Come and make love to me"

and my brain just blew a gasket as I suddenly realised I were psychotically pissed on ALDI red wine and had no modicum of becoming a sex tourist.

So that ended that then.

But now I'm like: "hey, don't worry, the last time the Taal volcano went off is encoded in the wiki because somebody has a download of a tourist information leaflet!"

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Jan 23, 2020, 15:55
See, this one here was actually an aftershock - I'd suddenly got into writing pisstakingly short poems in a state of herbal ecstasy, but on reading back my own thoughts I tripped out even further.

I felt like I had been hypnotised, so I grabbed the calculator under the influence of the old A-Level psychology and 14 columns of consciousness theory, in a state of literally feeling like one were awake but one's consciousness were rotated somehow

you know what? 360/14 = 25.71428571428571?, but I were so determined I misread a 5 as an 8! I really do need glasses!

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Jan 23, 2020, 16:00
This is a short story about waking up in your actual house needing to measure up to the persistent television Wickes builders through-selling.

When I first got in touch with Michelle on Facebook I wanted to just catch up as friends but thinking back now - could my memory of her living in the same house in 2002 have been commensurate with my first dabbles in A-Class drugs? Ketamine and the exagerrated dimension?

Anyway, when in conversation I said to her: "What I really want to do is write a 47-line stanza like Ralph Fienes in Grand Budapest Hotel", and this is the first thing that came to my head.

How was I to know that the very next day 28 people were unaccounted for in a river accident in Budapest?

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1716 posts

Re: Thirteen-lined ground squirrel
Jan 23, 2020, 16:02
I've only just watched a 2016 youtube interview with Julian about Let Me Speak To The Driver.

;)

Cx
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index