The Village Pump »
Films Again - all new

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dick Chamberlix
7 posts

Re: Films Again - all new
Jul 16, 2017, 00:52
...there's this Documentary that surprised me .... 'Joe Cocker-Mad Dog With Soul'{2017} It was uplifting and I always loved Joe and Bono isn't even in it x
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Edited Jul 28, 2017, 13:14
Spider Boy
Jul 28, 2017, 13:13
Seen it.
Loved it.

make sure you stay until the end.

proper end

watch all the credits

;o)
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Aug 03, 2017, 23:15
Turner by Mike Leigh. Worthy film but it is not staying on my harddrive. Got to respect his artistic integrity even if he was a bit of an arse as a human being.
1001realapes
1001realapes
2384 posts

Aug 06, 2017, 03:09
Eraserhead
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Aug 08, 2017, 22:00
Man Up. Romantic Comedy that I'm not normally into but this was perfectly watchable with genuinely moving moments and for me identifiable main characters. Simon Pegg is always worth watching without ever being outstanding it would seem.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Aug 22, 2017, 23:12
Lucy. A bit silly really but mildly diverting silliness about unlocking the power of the brain and the like. Directed by Luc Besson

The Mask. 1994 starring Jim Carrey. Haven't seen it in about 20 years. Funny revisiting something again and seeing it differently. If you can get past Jim Carrey's silliness and the corny 'nice guys finish first' hollywood message, it is actually quite enjoyable.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Oct 09, 2017, 21:42
The Damned United. Only took me 8 years to see this one. The 44 days that Brian Clough was in charge of dirty Leeds and of course his rivalry with Don Revie and relationship with his assistant Peter Taylor. Did he really do that interview with Don Revie after having been sacked? Incendiary stuff. Compelling viewing too. Not sure if it translates to those outside footy circles though?
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2553 posts

Oct 10, 2017, 09:14
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
The Damned United. Only took me 8 years to see this one. The 44 days that Brian Clough was in charge of dirty Leeds and of course his rivalry with Don Revie and relationship with his assistant Peter Taylor. Did he really do that interview with Don Revie after having been sacked? Incendiary stuff. Compelling viewing too. Not sure if it translates to those outside footy circles though?

Tremendous film and a decent insight as well. There were a lot of good managers at the time when tackles were tackles. Of course, Celtic beat that dirty Leeds Utd team in 1970.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Oct 10, 2017, 10:15
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:

Frost/Nixon
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Oct 10, 2017, 21:12
Wow that was ace!

7 weeks isn't even long enough to find the local butchers shop! Brilliant, but I'm not sure if that makes sense. Brian Clough is a fascinating character with his outspokenness yet also in that interview at least quite a sensitive side that doesn't feel like he has to forcefully make his point like Don Revie was and always interested in what the other guy has to say.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index