Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 27 May 2017 CE

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 27 May 2017 CE
May 29, 2017, 03:53
Frank Zappa - Hammersmith '78 ...at long, long last, my Holy Grail, the Yerbouti gigs that are one of my treasured memories. Just show what a high bar FZ had on releases - fabulous stuff. Going for under £22 on A****n at the mo, hate using, just had to have. Grab this Mother.. Totally chuffed

Frank Zappa - Philly '76

Frank Zappa - Oz....thereby making a hat trick of wonderful official rereleases.. worth it for the packaging alone, this stuff

Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring (remastered) ..expanded to an hour of beauty. On YouTube. Played on sunny morning with birds outside. Bliss...

Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Zuma

The Divine Comedy - Foreverland

Grateful Dead - Fox Theatre St Louis, Dec 10th 1971

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant - No Quarter

David Bowie - BBC 2000

Procul Harum - Novum

Tim Hardin - Hang On To A Dream - The Verve Recordings

Tim Hardin - Bird On A Wire ...still bigging TH

Dennis Brown - Dubbing At King Tubbys

Chet Baker - Sings

Dave Swarbrick - It Suits Me Well: The Transatlantic Recordings 1976 - 1983

Keith Hudson - Nuh Skin Up

Otis Taylor - Fantasizing About Being Black

Jackson Browne - The Pretender

V/A - Pigs Might Fly (Mojo comp)

V/A - Dub Chillout ... LOVE this lucky find, cheapo label but comped with obvious lurve...a run of seven at least killer cuts therein. Just buy it, n'kay?

Reverend Horton Heat - loads of stuff thanks to my record store mate as after hours browsing soundtrack.. what a player, what a band

...effing hell, can't believe I've actually found round tuit and done a SOOL, been weeks when have been meaning to. Tooth that was making me gaga and could have done for me with blood poisoning and sepsis under sinus out, head and health slowly returning ..horrible divorce thanks to her solicitor ongoing. My house purchase and escape route screwed in a trice, it would seem. Right before my youngest's A levels. Couldn't make it up... Thank fuck there's the music... Interesting year, 2017
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index