159 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
valis23
valis23
111 posts

Re: Revolutionary Suicide
Jul 11, 2013, 23:03
Squid Tempest wrote:
I've gone back to it this week after a shaky start, and I'm starting to think it is somewhat ace and my first impressions were off the mark. Now I'm getting hooked and looking forward to diving in deeper. Paradise Mislaid is going round my head like a cartoon birdie...

I must admit I'm still a little unsure about all the firearms imagary on it though.

Sure - I've just not made sense of the guns and the regalia and much of the language of recent years, and even "Autogeddon" still freaks me with the violent vibes, but I have to trust that Julian has a broader sense of where he's going. And then he conjures up "In His Cups" and I think I'd sell a first-edition Baby Jesus for the this guy... Again, I don't claim to be the most thoughtful fellow, I take many things in intuitively, in my deaf/dumb stylee and I allow a lot of room for contradiction from artists I admire. He's over my head in nearly everything he sings about, but I still feel an epic sense of Knowing and that works for me. All that said, would it be worse if she was holding a real banjo instead of plastic AK-47?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index