Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jun 12, 2013, 20:49
Re: Revolutionary Suicide and recommendations please
Jun 12, 2013, 20:46
Andfurthermoreagain wrote:
"In their own way they are both quite unforgiving albums." - see, whilst this may or may not be an influence to investigate, just hearing this description of ANY album reminds me whay I love Julian so much as an artist. The Drude couldna put it better himself!

I concur totally. Unforgiving is one of the very best reasons to buy a record. "Here's my statement, take that listeners!" With you all the way there. The Black Sheep thing (and the imagery that goes with it) just strikes me as a bit half assed rather than teetering on the edge of something dangerous - which I think is probably the desired effect. Then again I loved the Dark Orgasm tour and couldn't understand the metal-phobia. Everyone has their blind spots and lo-fi is mine. Also when it comes down to it, for me, it's not his best musical suit and he's no Roy Harper when it comes to long form politicised folk poetry.

Anyway, good and happy hunting. Not sure I would want to tackle all the albums you are going to have to wade through all in one go!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index