The Return Of The Thin White Duke!

103 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Visconti speaks
Jan 09, 2013, 10:13
Glam Descendant wrote:

"I think it's a very reflective track for David. He certainly is looking back on his Berlin period and it evokes this feeling… it's very melancholy, I think. It's the only track on the album that goes this much inward for him. It's quite a rock album, the rest of the songs, so I thought to myself why is David coming out with this very slow, albeit beautiful, ballad why is he doing this? He should come out with a bang. But he is a master of his own life. I think this was a very smart move, linking the past with the future, and I think the next thing you hear from him is going to be quite different.

Thanks for this. Interesting piece, especially the above - that it's a 'rock' album but Bowie has chosen to come back with a more reflective moment than with a bang. Very Bowie - and I'm rather pleased about that!

I've got to say all this has cheered me up no end. I was more of a Bolan fan than a Bowie fan, but the news that this iconic figure is finally releasing an album after all this time really made my day. And whilst I'm not wild about the album cover, the news (and the track) certainly make up for it. TBH I would have thought that you'd have to have a heart of stone to be of a certain age and not feel goodwill towards him now he's returned, but maybe that's just me...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index