72 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re: Zappa
Feb 22, 2010, 18:04
Popel Vooje wrote:
I'd say pretty much everything up to and including "Chunga's Revenge" is worth getting (or at least hearing), with the 1st three Mothers albums, "Hot Rats" and "Uncle Meat" but from then on, fffftttt.... And I've gathered rthis opinion from having a mate at 6th from College who was a serious Zappa obsessive with about 30 of his albums.

Then again, you're more prog-friendly than me so you might enjoy the 70s/80s stuff more than I did. Interesting what mooncat said about hearing lots of his stuff at parties in liverpool - there seems to be a large Zappa contingent there, there's even a tribute band called the Muffin Men who are predominantly scousers. Once when I was in Amsterdam the now deceased ex-Mothers drummer Jimmy Carl Black was staying at the same hotes, and I overheard him at the breakfast talking to one of his bandmates about how he could get them gigs in Liverpool and how he had lots of friends there.

The Muffin men are from Liverpool. I overheard JCB at a table before a Bilston gig mention that he spent 3 months in Leicester
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index