Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: Lady Gaga on The Brits
Feb 17, 2010, 15:29
Popel Vooje wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
At least you've recorded some good songs and your life hasn't been shot to pieces by fame. Be thankful, young man.

Oh, and FWIW, the Brits is a load of big hairy record industry bollocks.

I agree. Haven't ewatched it since that Jarvis / Muichael Jackson episode (the only entertainnig thing that ever happened at the Brit Awards, IMO).

Moreover, I'm going to up the ante by stating my honest opinion on Oasis -they're shite, and they always were. I knew the British Music press was in trouble when journos started hyping "Definitely Maybe" as the future of rock'n'roll. The future? The death knell, more like. The only difference between oasis and the Real people is that the former were lucky enough to be signed by Sony at the right time (when the UK backlash against grunge was beginning to gain momentum).

Although I do see your point dude and agree, the fact remains that they got the deal & the fame & their music *is* out there, like it or not.
Our opinions don't matter. I sit here stuck in this pap job talking Pap about pap ... when I should be at home writing and recording music. Tiz rather annoying to say the least working for the man is draining my life and making me old. tWITch* catch 22 TWiTch ... no NRG to change it. twiTch.

(((sigh)))
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index