Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Krautrock:The Re-birth of Germany- Youtube taster!

102 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: Krautrock:The Re-birth of Germany- Youtube taster!
Oct 24, 2009, 14:19
Stevo wrote:

think there was stuff there I certainly hadn't seen before. the Amon Duul II live in concert for one, and footage of early 70s faust for another. Do wonder if more of that Faust stuff exists.
Also the '71 kraftwerk in b+w which presumably comes from the same programme I have 2 Can numbers from.

enjoyed programme greatly, hope I can get a copy. Need to look into my recording set up cos I've given up on it after too many failures.
shame there was nop krautrock at the Beeb following it, like there normally seems to be after similar programmes. wonder how much Krautrock at the beeb footage there actually is? Presumably they did have several of these bands on OGWT or similar when they could.
stevo

I hadn't seen the Amon Duul in concert clip before.
I'd seen a bit of the early Kraftwerk- but as regards OGWT, I think only Can appeared in the studio, the clips that are on the Can DVD ('Vernal Equinox' etc.), although there could have been some 'on location' footage-

It's such a shame that there wasn't some more 'complete' footage and just generally whole concerts/gigs done at the time etc. - they may be out there
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index