Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Krautrock:The Re-birth of Germany- Youtube taster!

102 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Krautrock:The Re-birth of Germany- Youtube taster!
Oct 24, 2009, 13:07
Jim Tones wrote:
Top notch programme indeed!

It will probably be on YouTube soon, as I noticed that 'Synth Brittannia' is up there.

Some amazing footage of the protests in Germany in 1968- some quite shocking scenes.

Excellent footage of Amon Duul II, Popol Vuh, Cluster etc. eventhough some were 'blink and you'll miss 'em' clips.

The best bit for me was Faust i.e. a recent Jean-Herve and Zappi in the clip of them doing an improv with Percussion, Microphone and Cement Mixer, almost as good as the one involving some Farmyard Machine and a Yardbrush!

;-D

think there was stuff there I certainly hadn't seen before. the Amon Duul II live in concert for one, and footage of early 70s faust for another. Do wonder if more of that Faust stuff exists.
Also the '71 kraftwerk in b+w which presumably comes from the same programme I have 2 Can numbers from.

enjoyed programme greatly, hope I can get a copy. Need to look into my recording set up cos I've given up on it after too many failures.
shame there was nop krautrock at the Beeb following it, like there normally seems to be after similar programmes. wonder how much Krautrock at the beeb footage there actually is? Presumably they did have several of these bands on OGWT or similar when they could.
stevo
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index