58 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 4 October 2009 CE
Oct 05, 2009, 13:23
Gong - 2032
Well, it looks like I'm the only one who really likes this! It has been glued into the CD player since I got it, and my opinion of it hasn't changed, except to firm up my conviction that this is up there with the trilogy. The more I listen, the more I get from it. I love the little quotes from previous songs, the little hidden voices and sounds, the riffs, the playing, the lyrics, the concepts, the works.

The Human Quena Orchestra - Politics of the Irredeemable
Finally got hold of a copy of this some months after Julian mentioned it in a Drudion. I 'd listened to clips from their website, and just had to get a copy. It was worth the wait. Mindbendingly dark almost-ambient sound with a huge cacophony of percussive intrusions. My family think I'm mad listening to this*, but once you get into the swing of it it has a real stark beauty to it.

Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses
Wasn't familiar with this until I got it recently. I don't know how it was received by Tull fans when it came out, but I really like it, although I've only listened once or twice. The title track in particular stands out straight away.

*they may well be onto something.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index