Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Black Sheep @ the Bristol Festival
Sep 21, 2009, 17:09
suave harv wrote:
Ziggypop wrote:
I don't think Julian is serious with this "project" and that's the way we should receive it. I enjoyed it personally and looking around at the laughter in the small crowd mabey they got the joke more than people closest to it...

So *that's* it. The people who thought it was tuneless rubbish just didn't get the joke.

Perhaps you can explain the joke for them? Then, next time, they'll be able to enjoy it like you did.

TBH, I don't know who I think is being more narrow minded here. It is surely all a matter of taste. Some people like a bit of a tune, some people enjoy "experimental sonic collage that is pushing the boundries of our perception of music". Juian appears to enjoy a bit of each, and good for him I say. I'm sure he isn't losing any sleep over our opinions one way or the other.

For the record, I also like a bit of each, but that doesn't mean that I enjoy all of Mr Cope's efforts. I loved Unruly Imagination, but didn't enjoy KMSA. What I do appreciate is that Julian is always willing to have a go at something different, which I think is a brave and forward-thinking approach.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index