Listen 2 The Doors???

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: It's KISS mocking time again
Apr 23, 2008, 16:01
paradox wrote:
Keith, I noticed on your Soundtrack of our lives that you had been listening to Slade.

Please take time out and give the first 3 Kiss albums a listen and tell me the difference!?

Both Stanley and Simmons both duly admit to going to see Slade as often as possible and taking their brand of foot stomping boogie rock "n" roll and Americanizing it.

Maybe it's the Americanization you don't like but musically there is no difference my friend!

Well I wouldn't call myself a major fan by any means (I was a Bolan fan so there was a lot of rivalry!), but I always loved Coz I Luv You to name one and always thought the slightly later In For A Penny was a great Beatlish 45.

But it was good to hear the live versions of some old hits like Everyday, etc, that I hadn't heard in ages. They wrote some good songs to be fair and I guess it's time I bought a compilation. But I really didn't like their later stuff like We'll Bring The House Down. I'm struggling to see a connection with Kiss though, other than they both looked ridiculous of course! ; )

I like loads of US bands, so really can't see that being an issue.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index