Topic View: Flat | Threaded
brakeonthroo
6 posts

Listen 2 The Doors???
Apr 18, 2008, 21:10
Hey guys,

Anyone into the Doors? Here's this vid clip you should check out:
fontana.edgeboss.net/wmedia/fontana/thedo ors/thedoorsclassicclip.wvx

It's a little snippet from a new DVD called "Classic Albums" that'll come out on the 22nd!

What'd ya guys think? I liked how it gave us an in depth look at "Break on Through" with the bassanova drums.

-----------------------------
-Matt J.

“I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps, 'Oh look at that!' Then- whoosh, and I'm gone... and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.” -Jim Morrison - umgd
riotmaster
1563 posts

Re: Listen 2 The Doors???
Apr 19, 2008, 11:58
not me. up there with Queen and The Smiths as biggest pile of cack ever
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Apr 19, 2008, 14:25
Can't say I'm that keen on 'em, but whenever the other half puts Morrison Hotel on, I do find myself quietly enjoying it.
'Waiting for the sun', 'Blue Sunday' and the one that opens with the slightly honkytonk piaono-riff are great.
But don't tell him I said that;-)

x
Tekpop
Tekpop
41 posts

Apr 19, 2008, 15:04
The Doors have become hip to bash, much like the Beatles. There's been so much effort on the parts of the remaining Doors and hanger-ons to keep the Morrison myth alive for profit that it tends to turn people off. Truth of the matter is, the Doors were and still are a decent band. If you ignore the efforts to place Morrison high up on the god-like, genius pedestal, you'll find much to like about them.
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Apr 19, 2008, 15:40
Thought they were a great band, still do. Actually one of my favourite bands.

Agree with all the mythos bullshit, could do well without that.
vince
vince
1628 posts

Apr 20, 2008, 05:12
Used to love them. Then realised what a twat Morrison was. And what a twat Manzarek can be. Then lost interest in 'em. Now they don't do much for me at all.

I probably listened to 'em too much in my late teens.
tinky10675
tinky10675
209 posts

Apr 20, 2008, 05:53
The doors are one of those bands that are kinda easy to hate. Pompous Ass lead singer etc.. They DID make some great songs and a fair share of shitty ones as well. Just like the Stones they seemed to spread the good stuff real thin and fill the rest of the album with filler. I would musch rather listen to ANYTHING by the Doors then that Gawd awful Drained Boner Album! I still haven't been able to shake the stench out of my ears from the turd sandwich!!
keith a
9572 posts

Apr 20, 2008, 07:03
First two albums are absolute classics.

Unfortunately, it's become kind of hip to slag them off, and sheep being sheep, they follow.

So Morrison was a twat (or was he? Hands up who actually met the guy???). So what?

I want to listen to his records, not live next door to him.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 20, 2008, 13:51
I agree. I like a bit of The Doors now and then - some great songs in their time. And if I was put off by bands or artists because a member might be a twat then I don't think I'd be left with much.
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Apr 20, 2008, 16:03
I like them. But like Zep, Beatles, Stones, Who, etc I find I have to abstain for awhile, then unexpectedly hear them, to renew my ears.
Pages: 11 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index